Camera gear for Japan trip (D600 vs A6000)

Camera gear for Japan trip (D600 vs A6000)

• D600 + Tamron 24-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A6000 + kitlens + 35mm

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wewzmaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here's the deal, I'm going on a once in a lifetime tour around japan and I really hope to take great pictures along the way. The problem is that due to fact that I will be travelling most of the time I cant afford to bring to much gear so I am left with the choice of either bringing a D600+24-70 Tamron or a6000+ kit lens+ 35mm 1.8.

I am considering on bringing the a6000 because it offers more mobility as it is lighter but I don't to give up the image quality of the d600. Which Camera should I bring? the heavier d600 or the a6000?

None of us can make a cogent argument for either one because we aren't you.
I schlepped a lot of heavy equipment around just so I could get the best pictures and I knew that if I came back with less than optimum pictures, I would be angry at myself.
For me, effort is transient, pictures and memories are forever.
My guess is that the quality of the 24-70 is light years above that of the A6000 kit lens.
If the weight burden is too much for the payback to you, that is your decision.

Weight...schmeight. Hit the gym before you go! What Lew said (Or, alternatively sell the lot and buy a nice Oly 4/3 set-up which will let you put a body, and multiple lenses into less space and weight than you need now.

If you'll be travelling with only one camera, and one lens, I don't see the point of leaving your D600 behind... While the Sony a6000 is for sure much smaller, lighter and easier to carry, I have no problem carrying my D610 + battery grip for extensive period of time. As a serious photographer, there's no way I want to compromise on the quality or versatility of pictures I can make, especially when I visit places I'll never go back. Heck, I even choose travel destinations based on the photographic opportunities I'll have over there! I have about 14 lbs of gear when I travel (4 lenses, compact tripod, and acc.), but I always bring 2 bags, and plan my gear based on the destinations of the day. Yes, I'm tired once the day is over, my back kills me, but my pictures are well worth the pain... But I'm not you, and I don't know how much you can cope with the extra weight.

Have a good trip to Japan, that's one destination I hope I can go one day.

Most reactions

Back