Camera Microphone Question

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Yoursin81, May 8, 2008.

1. Yoursin81

Yoursin81 TPF Noob!

Hello,

I was curious if anyone has or knows about a inexpensive Digital camera that can be programmed to take picture, then immediately start recording a memo (preferably programable in seconds for the memo) as my job requires me to make memos of each photo taken, Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you,

D

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

My company had an HP camera, about 6 years ago, that had that option. I'm sure there must be some current cameras that can also do that. I don't know of any, off-hand...but it shouldn't be too hard to track down. Maybe call a good camera store...they should be well versed in digi-cam options.

3. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
  4. mrodgers

mrodgers No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Since my Fuji S700/5700 also has video capability with sound, it has a microphone. You can do just that, and it states that in the manual. I'm sure there are many others similar to the S700 that would.

I would assume that most of the larger superzoom non-dSLR cameras also do video like mine, and also can record sound for a memo. The video capabilities isn't all that half bad either, for viewing on the computer (640x480 at 30 FPS)