Camera Option Advice

jasoomian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings all.

I am looking for a specialized option for a digital camera that I am not even sure exists.

What I am looking for, is a camera that will allow to me take a picture, and then, manually edit the name of the photo before it gets saved to the camera's memory and eventual export. Each photo will be named differently, so, just like when you import from the camera, just being able to set it at VACATION2009_; won't work. I need to be able to save each photo with a unique name IN camera.

So, for example; instead of the picture being saved to the camera like thus: DC21494090.jpg, I want to be able to save it with a name that fits our exisiting filename format for inspection point photos, like this: WO1390_A_9105MG20.jpg. Without having to hook it up my laptop and import the file first. We've tried that method and while it does work, it is extrememly time consuming when you have to go back two months and try to find what this is a picture of when someone either forgot, or couldn't be bothered to to their job properly.

Looking for any and all camera options, and suggestions. Also not limited by manufacturer. Whatever works, and does what I want is fine with me.

Thanks to all.

J

This would be more of a software thing on your computer than an actual camera thing.

I know PS Elements allows me to rename the folder in which the pictures will be copied to. And Lightroom will allow you to rename when you create a new collection... so I'd search via the softwares and not the cameras.

Most reactions

Back