camera problem plz help...

Joerocket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been trying to put edited photos back onto my digital camera (fuji E500 w 256mb XD card) so i can take them in to get printed. I know i can do this because ive done it before. tried saving the picture in a couple different formats but when i try to view them on the camera itself it says read error or just doesnt recognize them at all. im pretty sure the camera is saving pics as jpeg not raw. i want to print them at the do it yourself machine at Zehrs and i dont know what formats the machine will recognize. If anyone knows anything about this problem or has any suggestions on how else i can get my digital photos printed plz help! thanks a million,

-Joe

Your pictures are on your card. But...once you edit them, and place them back on the card, the camera can no longer read them. They are still .jpg, but the file has been restructured and the camera does not know how to read the file.

Pull the card out and put it in your card reader to make sure they're still there. If so, you're fine, even though you can't view them on the camera.

thanks for the help guys, i was gonna just bring it in and see but i didnt want to go all the way up there just to find out it didnt work. where is the best place in your opinion to get digital pics printed (ie. cheapest, best quality etc.) cuz it costs like $4.50 to get a 8x10 printed at the machine at zehrs and i have to print 20 for the photo exchange... thats 90 bucks if i dont find somewhere cheaper! thanks again for the help, ill head off tomorrow morning to try and print my edited pic.

-Joe

You may have to save it as a baseline. I know HP printer can only accept baseline JPEGs when printing them from a card. I wouldn't be surprised if the camera was the same way with viewing photos.

Joerocket said:
cuz it costs like $4.50 to get a 8x10 printed at the machine at zehrs and i have to print 20 for the photo exchange... thats 90 bucks if i dont find somewhere cheaper!
Ouch! There has to be a cheaper way. You could probably buy a digital printer and some paper for that. Have you checked the on-line photo places?

So I put a few pics on my card in jpeg and the machine read them fine, but I still have the problem of the cost. I did check online places and they seem to differ in prices but only for 4 x 6 and such, once you get up to 8 x 10 they are all generally the same ($3 - $4 per print) Theres gotta be a cheaper way. I'm thinking of getting my own printer but i dont know if the photos are of as good quality etc. Thanks again everyone for the help!

-Joe

Photo printers tend to be of great quality. The Epson 220 looks to be about $100, but two new cartridges are $83, so refills are expensive. The cartridges that come with the printer tend to be partially filled, so I don't know how many prints you would get out of them.

Wow... Shutterfly ($3.99) and Snapfish ($2.99) and the like are in the same ballpark. I had no idea. At least that's better than $4.50. Heck, I'd go with Wal-Mart then at $1.96. Good spot, Rob.

Rob said:
They're probably rubbish for all I know, but:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=166646

Rob

Yea $1.97 in the States. Unfortunatly they are $2.97 in Canada, still a better deal, but thats still (with our 15% tax:grumpy: ) $61.48 which is way too much imo. I might think about getting a printer, does anyone have one that they recommend? is the quality of photopaper important? do you have to get the ink cartridges filled at a special place? Think im gonna go research. Thanks again guys for the help.

-Joe

In case you go with the on-line prints, I came across these codes for Shutterfly at another site. Don't know if they work for Canada...

Free prints:
Code: FL50-PRTS - (50) 4x6 prints
Code: 30UP-ROMI - (30) 4x6 prints
Code: SW03-PRTS - (10) 4x6, (3) 5x7, (3) 8x10
Code: Val6-prts - (10) 4x6, (3) 5x7 (3) 8x10

Cartridges don't normally get refilled, though you can:
http://www.inksupply.com/

For paper, get the glossy photo paper the same brand as the printer.
I've owned Epsons, but it looks like the other brands have caught up quite a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back