Camera randomly changing menu format?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Jacki, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Jacki

Jacki TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So, my G11 is still new to me, but I've spent the past couple of weeks using and becoming familiar with all of it's functions and menus. Anyway, there is an option to turn the flash output up/down, and there is a little meter that shows how much you are turning it up/down. Last night, the meter was a line with numbers, and today, its a completely different setup...its a bracket with little rectangles showing how far I'm turning it up/down. (I hope I explained that halfway decently.)

It's obviously not all that important, since both meters are serving the same purpose, but I just thought it was weird that it just randomly changed like that. Is this normal? :scratch:

2. Chriss

Chriss TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Obviously theres a little gnome in your camera's interior that likes to mess with you.

3. Jacki

Jacki TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :lmao:

Seriously though, I thought it was really weird...to my knowledge there isn't even a setting to change the flash meter (thingy?) format like that.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you are changing the flash output, it's might be called FEC (flash exposure compensation). Find that page on the manual and see if it sheds some light on the problem. :er: :lol:

5. Jacki

Jacki TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Oh no! I'm asking a stupid question, but not that stupid! :meh: I understand about changing the flash output, I'm just talking about the meter that shows up on the LCD screen when you are changing the flash output. It looks completely different today than it did yesterday before I charged my battery. I just thought it was really random that it changed like that.

6. Ron Evers

Ron Evers Been spending a lot of time on here!

In the country just north of Toronto, Canada
    Photos OK to edit
    Perhaps you have triggered the display button if you have one on that camera. The same info can be displayed in different ways depending on operator preference on some cameras.

7. Jacki

Jacki TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks! I see if that is what happened as soon as my husband is done using the camera. I know it's an odd question, but it was just bothering me that I didn't know how it happened.