Camera randomly changing menu format?

Jacki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my G11 is still new to me, but I've spent the past couple of weeks using and becoming familiar with all of it's functions and menus. Anyway, there is an option to turn the flash output up/down, and there is a little meter that shows how much you are turning it up/down. Last night, the meter was a line with numbers, and today, its a completely different setup...its a bracket with little rectangles showing how far I'm turning it up/down. (I hope I explained that halfway decently.)

It's obviously not all that important, since both meters are serving the same purpose, but I just thought it was weird that it just randomly changed like that. Is this normal? :scratch:

Obviously theres a little gnome in your camera's interior that likes to mess with you.

Obviously theres a little gnome in your camera's interior that likes to mess with you.

:lmao:

Seriously though, I thought it was really weird...to my knowledge there isn't even a setting to change the flash meter (thingy?) format like that.

If you are changing the flash output, it's might be called FEC (flash exposure compensation). Find that page on the manual and see if it sheds some light on the problem. :er: :lol:

If you are changing the flash output, it's might be called FEC (flash exposure compensation). Find that page on the manual and see if it sheds some light on the problem. :er: :lol:

Oh no! I'm asking a stupid question, but not that stupid! :meh: I understand about changing the flash output, I'm just talking about the meter that shows up on the LCD screen when you are changing the flash output. It looks completely different today than it did yesterday before I charged my battery. I just thought it was really random that it changed like that.

Perhaps you have triggered the display button if you have one on that camera. The same info can be displayed in different ways depending on operator preference on some cameras.

Thanks! I see if that is what happened as soon as my husband is done using the camera. I know it's an odd question, but it was just bothering me that I didn't know how it happened.

Most reactions

Back