Camera Repair List

:lmao:That'll teach you to use anything but Kodak cameras in Rochester NY!:lmao:

Just kidding...

Try this. or this.

Good luck!

Looking for a camera repair shop for a Fujifilm camera in the Houston, TX area for a flash issue, any recommendations?

Looking for a camera repair shop for a Fujifilm camera in the Houston, TX area for a flash issue, any recommendations?

Try: Camera Doctor, 3211 Edloe St # 101, Houston, TX 77027-6073, (713) 840-8634 *or CLICK

I am looking for a camera repair shop to send my Minolta Dimage A200. I believe a faulty CF card caused it and 2 other cameras to stop turning on. I sent it to Precision Camera a few years ago for a warranty repair and was happy with them. When I checked their web site they gave me a repair estimate of $205 without asking what problem it had, the estimate was based on the model only. I live in Rochester NY and can't find any around here. Pretty amazing for the city in which George Eastman started Kodak!

Thank you
Hi all,

I am looking to get my Salyut C fixed. It a russian made 6*6 camera wit a lazy focal plane metal curtain.
I am in Montreal Canada, Would anybody know someone int Canada on the northern US who would dare attemps a salvage operation on it?
Thanks

Rochester, Ny and lil Swiss Miss Mitica100 already posted the link above lol.

Wow this list is great, it sure will come in useful for me.

See several very positive comments here regarding Essex Camera - a/k/a camerarepair.com - in Carlstadt NJ. I've used their services for several years now to repair my SLRs and they've always been great - fair prices, fast service, and very high quality work whether by mail or drop-off. However, I spoke with them on Friday and they are closing permanently, apparently having been devastated by Hurricane Sandy. (Moonhatchie, the next town to Carlstadt took 4 feet of water from reports that I read.) That sad news is what brought me here.

I need a recommendation. I live in Massachusetts, near the New Hampshire border - anywhere in MA, southern NH or ME, or RI would be ideal, but if the recommendation was strong enough I'd consider CT, NY (outside the city itself), NJ, or DE, as I travel down that way every other month or so. If I can find a shop that provides anywhere near the quality of work that Essex did, I'd be thrilled. (I don't want someone who's principally a retailer and sends the work out; my preference is on-site, hands-on, experienced techs.)

Strictly an amateur with several SLRs - Praktica PLC3s and Viet Nam era Petri FT IIs - if that makes a difference in whom you might suggest.

Thanks,

Neil

The news about Essex closing is devastating. I've used them over over 25 years. I've sent some work to KEH in Atlanta, GA- sent a Leica CL that was a tough one to work on. They did a great job. It's getting tough to find local shops that take in classic cameras anymore.

Anyone know of a shop in the Ft. Worth Texas area that could repair a Canon S2 IS with the stuck shutter syndrome?

OH No essex is closed! I have been using them for over 12 years... what a major loss. Only reason I have not been there in the past two years is the lack of time. I had planned on two more repairs.

Most reactions

Back