camera shake

julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm really struggling with it. Have a Canon 5D, a stroboframe, a 580ex flash, 24-70L lens. I'm lucky I can lift the damn thing. I asked about camera shake before and got some great answers, notably to lean against something...a tree, a table etc.. but what if these aren't around and I need to shoot? If I just hold the camera still facing a subject it shakes, albeit a little, but it still shakes and I can't get the crystal clear shots that I so desire.

Any ideas at all? Short of quitting the hobby.

thank you

Sit down, one leg under you and one leg bent flat foot in front of you, Relax and use your knee as a stand.

I have found that very effective, I can shoot a 400mm with 2X teleconverter at f/11 and f/22 this way. (I do not have IS)

monopod (or tripod)

mono's are easy to carry around.... telescopic so they shrink down to nothing... and prevent shake... plus you can beat someone over the head with it if they get fresh with you...

What sort of subjects are you shooting?
Architecture or landscapes (you have to bring a tripod...no excuse)
Kids: monopod, higher ISO, wider apertures etc...for examples.

Can you up your ISO and open your aperture further...?

Also, practice the technique a little...the way to hold the camera to form a good brace and hold your breath (as I think was detailed well in the other thread)

Otherwise take a hip-flask of something like Jack´s with you ;)

Wow, just looked at the Bifurcator thing, that's interesting.
I shoot kids mainly. But I'm renting a 100mm 2.8 marcro for a few weeks to try it out for fun, and I'm just a shaking like it's freezing outside on a hot summer day.

this is the one i have

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/373784-REG/Giottos_MV8250_MV_825_3_Section_Monopod_with.html

It works for me (you can see my sig... my gear is very light)... you might want something that supports more weight.... I'm not sure how heavy your set up is...

Light is important to me because I hike a lot with all my gear and well... i don't have any heavy gear....

ok so I've never used a monopod before...one hand holds the monopod shaft and the other hand presses the shutter button? I'm obviously missing something, I'm just used to a heavy tripod that I won't carry around with me.

I was under the impression that you held the camera as you would if you were freeholding - that is one hand on the lens and one on the camera - and then rest on the monopod like you would a fence or other type of rest

Drink less coffee?

Start doing curls?

You could also just send that pesky camera to me, and I'll send you a really nice kodak easy share.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back