Camera sling bag

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Dao, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

I had a camera backpack and a smaller shoulder bag. But the shoulder bag was not big enough so I was looking for bigger one and came across a sling bag at Sam's club and I bought it.

The bag is a copy of lowepro slingshot 200aw. The material and the look are similar. The only different I found is the lowepro has a better internal compartment. Other than that, they are very similar but the one at Sam's club is $39.xx. Half the cost of the slingshot.

Here is the picture of the one sell at Sam's club

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=387211

And just like the original, it also has the rain coat cover build-in.

So if you are in the market of getting a camera bag and looking for a lower cost bag, you may want to check it out and see if you like it or not.

2. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The "slingbag" types are cool and work well, but what I do not like is that all the weight is placed over one shoulder/side and in time that causes back/shoulder pain over one where the weight is divided up and centered equally across both shoulders.

If you use it a lot, the backpack design is just a lot better.

3. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

Yes .. I 100% agree. :)

And that is why I have one backpack and one shoulder (now sling style). For comfort, can't beat the backpack. :sexywink:
    For convenience, shoulder/sling style works better. Especially for walk-around and swapping lenses type situation. (I do not have a super zoom type lens .... hahaha and not planning to buy it)

But for a longer trip and I need to bring my tripod ... I will use the backpack (I can tie the tripod at the bottom of the backpack)

But just compare the sling and the shoulder style, the sling feel more comfortable.

4. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I saw this bag when I was there the last time. I meant to put a post up here about it. Good info for everyone.

5. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you're not loaded for bear and not carrying f/2.8 zooms, the SlingShot suits me well for quick access to my gear. On a day hike (loaded for bear) my right shoulder and muscles became sore.

I will be looking into a Flipside bag for those long days.