Camera Strap Covers- Beautiful and in love =)

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to share something I found today on here. It's such a simple idea, but I'm absolutely thrilled for mine to come in the mail! Maybe it's a girl thing:lol:

Are most of you familiar with Etsy? I came across this page when I was browsing for a new camera strap:

Sugar Pop Creations by sugarpopcreations on Etsy

She custom sews every order, and has the option of adding a "lens pocket" to the side.. They fit right over any standard DSLR camera strap, and look much more pretty than the standard "NIKON' or "CANON" in big letters across your torso =P

Just had to share, they're really inexpensive, and best of all REALLY pretty:mrgreen:

If you want something more "upscale" and willing to spend $80, I just noticed these at my local shop. The quality felt really nice. Since they are new, I have no idea how they hold up over time with use. I'm VERY close to picking one up.. I just felt kinda weird spending more on a camera strap than the belt I wear to work every day.

Camera Straps - Camera Strap - Designer Camera Straps - Cool Camera Straps

Camera---strap---covers--- what the duck???? That doesn't make a whole lotta' sense to me....but then crafters are always looking for some niche to flood into and fill...

Well, I suppose if you like the one that came with the camera and think it's ugly they could come in handy, but nice looking, reasonably priced camera straps can be found at any camera store. These honestly are a bit too "girly" for my taste. I'm very femme when it comes to a lot of things, actually like pink and sparkly jewelled when it comes to wallets and shoes, and other similar things, but definitely not when it comes to my camera kits and electronic tech.

About the only exception I've ever made to that rule is my laptop cover. It still has a shiny all black tech thing going on, but in the center where the silver Compaq C logo used to be there's a crop circle type pattern I made from those stick on Austrian crystals to cover it because I hate really big corporate logos put right in the middle of things like laptop covers.

i saw a red argyle one somewhere that was actually pretty slick.

Pro & Pro Loop Strap | Demo Page

^^^ THAT!
If you are still using your canon/nikon standard strap STOP! Go to a store (B&H, Amazon, Adorama anywhere!) and get one of those OPtech pro straps and you will discover a whole new world of comfort!
Even if you don't have heavy lenses the added padding is a wonder compared to that harsh, cutting leathy thing that canon gave me!

Well goodness, I thought I'd stumbled on something that at least the other ladies here might like, ah well:lol:

I did find some nice straps on Adorama.com that I liked.. But I really don't mind my nikon strap, I just thought it would be neat to make it more "girly." And I really do like the idea of a lens pocket right on the strap- but maybe that's nothing new either.

Ah well.. I'm a pretty big fan of etsy in general, to each their own. =)

There is no crying in baseball.

There is no fashion for photographers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lmao:

If you want something more "upscale" and willing to spend $80, I just noticed these at my local shop. The quality felt really nice. Since they are new, I have no idea how they hold up over time with use. I'm VERY close to picking one up.. I just felt kinda weird spending more on a camera strap than the belt I wear to work every day.

Camera Straps - Camera Strap - Designer Camera Straps - Cool Camera Straps

Those look really classy! But I wouldn't get em because 1) I just can't get enough of my BlackRapid strap, and 2) I don't know how much I would trust several thousand dollars of equipment on a backpack clip. =/

I still think that Black Rapid straps are the best types of neck straps.

http://www.blackrapid.com/

Pro & Pro Loop Strap | Demo Page

^^^ THAT!
If you are still using your canon/nikon standard strap STOP! Go to a store (B&H, Amazon, Adorama anywhere!) and get one of those OPtech pro straps and you will discover a whole new world of comfort!
Even if you don't have heavy lenses the added padding is a wonder compared to that harsh, cutting leathy thing that canon gave me!

+1

I have NEVER use the standard strap a day in my life. I hate that they have the large names on them :thumbdown:

Most reactions

Back