Camera Strap recommendation for DSLR

Looks like all the "cool kids" use and like black rapid. lol

I own a Black Rapid (RS-7) and i don't like it... I think i just proved your point! :)

For my shooting i'd rather wrap the OEM strap around my hand a few times and just hand-hold the camera (shoot mostly sports). If i have two cameras the BR straps are great... but i'm not even cool enough to shoot with two cameras.. so i never use my BR.

Added gripe... Its a big bulky strap that is a PITA to shove into a bag.

I have a black rapid curve and I love it.

I just got the black rapid sport and absolutely love it. Super comfy, holds the camera well, and is made well.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Rapid. Comfortable for cross-chest carry, the camera slides up the strap, extra "security" strap (if other parts fail, the camera doesn't drop) and the attachment to the camera has an offset plate so you can still use a tripod.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Black Rapid RS Sport 2

the most important aspect of it apart from it being really comfortable is you can carry your DSLR all day every day. Project 365 has never been easier.

I like the Cargo version (RS-5) for two main reasons - the first is the comfort level, I can carry the camera with the F/2.8 70-200 mm attached pretty much all day without it getting uncomfortable and being able to just grab the camera and shoot and then let it slide back down to my side is fantastic. The second reason is the storage space in the RS-5, I can carry my micro fiber cloth, spare batteries, extra memory cards, pretty much everything I need and I don't need to have my camera bag with me at all. Best of all Black rapid actually makes an extension that would allow me to purchase a second RS-5 and link the two together should I ever decide I wanted to carry two cameras at once, which is pretty handy for the future when I do eventually upgrade my camera body.

This one has worked well for me. Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling (Black): Camera & Photo and the price was right.

I have this. more often than not, i go without a strap all-together.

i can't shoot with it connected to the strap, I need to convert it to attach to the lower screw.

Ah yes. I use it with this extender. Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA 1301052 System Connectors (Extensions)-Adjustable Extension pieces for OP/TECH USA Straps with Quick Disconnects: Electronics

With the extender the camera hangs (adjusted) just short of my arms length. I also like the quick disconnects.

It holds a 60D w/300 F4 very well for me - even when I have to let go for a few seconds. $CP San Onofre Camping Wknd (24 of 143).jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Another fan of Black Rapid straps here.

Most reactions

Back