Camera won't stay on in shooting mode

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by cindyg2024, Oct 31, 2007.

1. cindyg2024

cindyg2024 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think my crappy little P&S may have finally died on me, but I wanted to check here first and see if anybody had any words of wisdom. The camera worked fine all day/night Saturday and Sunday morning. Took pics all day Saturday and then again Sunday morning. Then it just shut itself off. We thought the batteries were dead so we changed the batteries. I have tried a total of 3 sets of brand new batteries. I can access my review feature and my set up menu and the camera will stay on. As soon as I change to any kind of shooting mode, it automatically turns itself back off. I have been wanting to get a new camera, but wasn't ready to get one just yet. Any ideas what may be causing this?

2. sabbath999

sabbath999 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Not a clue.

What kind of camera is it?

3. cindyg2024

cindyg2024 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-P73.. I have tried looking for information on issues with camera and came up with nothing.

4. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    There's a recall on a lot of the older Sonys - mine had the same problem and I sent it in. Call them quickly - the limit is either up or almost up. Good luck!