Cameras and Cruises

Leo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I may go on cruise ship sometime next year and I would like to bring my camera with me. Ports of call are Cozumel, Cayman Island and Jamaica. Has anybody taken their camera aboard? Is it safe to bring the camera with me on all the ports of call? Any tips/comments are appreciated.

The time I went on a cruise, I had to leave my bags out of sight for a long time, for they are carried into the ship and the rooms by the cruiseline personnel. TBH I was a tad nervouse about it. You can get some "carry on" bags, though. I'm sure you can get your gear like that so you can keep it by your side all the time.

I was in Cozumel a few weeks ago. It's a very safe and friendly place and I see no problem to carry your camera around. If you can, get some underwater case and flash to get some snorkeling / scuba shots.

That sounds identical to the cruise I was on years ago...those places are all very touristy, and perfectly safe to carry gear around. I second the underwater casing, expensive, but I went snorkeling in the Caymans, and it was one of the most spectacular sights I've seen...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back