Camera's work history

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. Is there a way to find out the number of 'clicks' or the total number of frames that were shot on a DSLR when buying a used one?
2. Is there a way to find out the number of rolls that went through an analog SLR and/or Rangefinder?

danalec99 said:
1. Is there a way to find out the number of 'clicks' or the total number of frames that were shot on a DSLR when buying a used one?
2. Is there a way to find out the number of rolls that went through an analog SLR and/or Rangefinder?

Fuji medium format rangefinder cameras have a counter that counts the rolls of film put through them, but I don't of any other cameras that do.

So I guess we basically have to trust the seller and our instincts, which is not 100% reassuring!

I have a Canon 10D, it has an opinion for continues numbering or not.
Not sure if you can switch between numbering systems and at the same time maintain continues numbering.
If the camera has been set to continue numbering all long you can, ones you know the number scheme.

i guess its kind of like checking the mileage of a car... you can't always believe the odometer. sometimes you need to look at the wear and tear. all miles are not created equal.

if a camera has been well maintained, it doesn't really matter how many shots it will have taken...

look for obvious signs of wear on the shutter button, around the eye piece, as well as scratches/cracks etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back