Campus Shots (C&C Welcome)

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot these on campus for class with the Minolta X-700, HP5 Plus 400, Ilfotec HC 66 deg 7:30

1)
Campus-1.jpg

2)
Campus-2.jpg

3)
Campus-5.jpg

4)
Campus-6.jpg

Nice work with HP 5.

First one looks like a spray bottle duck! The last one is kind of a fun abstraction. The concrete wall with the seam in it, plus the shadows of the two people and the little bit of tree peeking out over the top of the wall creates what is, seen alone, a moderately interesting image; like so many photos, it might seem stronger, better, in a portfolio of similar images shot on campus. B&W does well at making the mundane seem a bit more "arty" than full color, IMHO.

First one looks like a spray bottle duck! The last one is kind of a fun abstraction. The concrete wall with the seam in it, plus the shadows of the two people and the little bit of tree peeking out over the top of the wall creates what is, seen alone, a moderately interesting image; like so many photos, it might seem stronger, better, in a portfolio of similar images shot on campus. B&W does well at making the mundane seem a bit more "arty" than full color, IMHO.
Thanks ... I actually went back and darkened the last one ... I think I like it better:

campus-darker-1.jpg

It looks a bit different when seen darker. And yeah, it is pretty agreeable when seen a bit darker. It seems more realistic to me when seen darker.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back