Can a noob get some feedback?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by b5200, Apr 21, 2010.

1. b5200

b5200 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    These are what I think are my 3 best photos starting with the one I like the most. The second one took 3rd place in the youth category of a local photography contest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tell me what you think :)

2. fokker

fokker No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    They are all techincally good with regards to sharp focus, good exposure and good depth of field. The subjects are boring though. With a bit more thought towards composition you could make them more interesting but your best bet is to find some better subject matter.

3. Fedaykin

Fedaykin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    As Fokker said, they are good shots except for composition.

4. reznap

reznap No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the composition is fine. Gripes with the subject matter are kind of irrelevant; What interests one person, another might not care about.

#1 - Could maybe get cropped tighter to show the spiderweb strands a bit more clearly.

#2 - Wouldn't change much here. Do keep in mind though (I picked up on this rule from another member here) that dark recedes and light advances. A bright background can be distracting when the subject is dark. In this case the eyes can be drawn away from the wood and up into the bright sky, not what you want probably. (Also congratulations on the award!)

#3 - I like the colors and the sweeping lines but I think a slightly deeper depth of field could have put more of the foreground in focus to better stand out against the blurred background.

I personally really like the perspective and the simplicity in #2 and #3.