Can a noob get some feedback?

b5200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are what I think are my 3 best photos starting with the one I like the most. The second one took 3rd place in the youth category of a local photography contest.
vMzRiag

4482160117_a121fba683_b.jpg

4482161103_1d4e72f870_b.jpg

Tell me what you think :)

They are all techincally good with regards to sharp focus, good exposure and good depth of field. The subjects are boring though. With a bit more thought towards composition you could make them more interesting but your best bet is to find some better subject matter.

I think the composition is fine. Gripes with the subject matter are kind of irrelevant; What interests one person, another might not care about.

#1 - Could maybe get cropped tighter to show the spiderweb strands a bit more clearly.

#2 - Wouldn't change much here. Do keep in mind though (I picked up on this rule from another member here) that dark recedes and light advances. A bright background can be distracting when the subject is dark. In this case the eyes can be drawn away from the wood and up into the bright sky, not what you want probably. (Also congratulations on the award!)

#3 - I like the colors and the sweeping lines but I think a slightly deeper depth of field could have put more of the foreground in focus to better stand out against the blurred background.

I personally really like the perspective and the simplicity in #2 and #3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back