Can a wedding photographer shoot motorcycles? I tried....

BuZzZeRkEr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
....and this are a few of the shots I got. I got 50 shots outta the shoot, but just thought I'd share a few. The riding shots we're taken on a small closed course, unfortunately they did not have access to the track that day :(

BiwithBikeGarageHdr1SmallWM.jpg

TonyRideSmallWM.jpg

BJDRSoloSmallWM.jpg

Wheelie1smallwm.jpg

3Bikes3guysSmallWM.jpg

I would say yes, a wedding photog CAN shoot motorcycles! Very nice job! Granted, this comes from someone who has NEVER shot a motorcycle!

I think you nailed the exposure, the color, and the photos are all very crisp!

Good Job!

I like #2 the best. I would love to see a little bit more contrast in the rest, but thats just my taste.

I like them! I would've gone further with the post processing though. Third one is the best!

These are all nice images. I think my only...teany tiny nit pick is the lensflare in the first one, unless it was intentional. The last one, the edges of the bikes, looks like your brush was a tad big, the color of the bikes leak onto the wall abit. But like I said...itty bitty, nit picks. Great work!

Great shots!!

My only nitpik is that I would have liked you to have number #2 framed with more space in front of the bike. As it is it looks like he is about to leave the frame.

My fav is #3

You colors are off on the third one. What did you do to the processing after the selective coloring was done. It looks like you tried to tone map them. The GSXR in the background has a blue hue to it and it should definitely be black. Plus you have halos. A little Dodging (or is it burning?) should help clear that up.

Thanks for the comments everyone! There are still the minor editing glitches that need revisiting, but for the most part I think I'm pretty happy with them.

Village,
Your right, I did try some tone mapping and the picture didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to and I was on the ropes about that one in particular. I need to adjust the tonemapping...way too blue, and the halos...I'm thinking I might just convert that one to all B&W

250Gimp,
I kinda like the subject framed to the left, just kinda gives it more a action/motion feel to it.

Clark,
Yeah that lens flair was generated off of the reflector on the front fork, at first i thought it was a spirit orb so i left it in.....joking of course. I still gotta fine tune some editing, but thats another day.

Rabies,
Thanks for the compliments, i'm trying to imagine how much further you would've taken the PP, but I'm sure what ever your thinking up would look incredible.

My only nitpik is that I would have liked you to have number #2 framed with more space in front of the bike. As it is it looks like he is about to leave the frame.
I agree. Good shots though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back