can anyone figure out what was done to this photo?

soulbrotha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows the technique behind this photo processing....it looks kinda wierd...but also kinda cool.

first one is cross prosseced and the second is solarized.

JEazy said:
first one is cross prosseced and the second is solarized.

hmm, i dont think so...

the first one looks like an original (the color is just from a relatively cold color temperature...basically bluer tones). Looks like the second one just had a mask or extra layer (of lower opacity - like 30% or so) that was unsharp masked with a large radius. then they probably made a 'bump' curve where the midtones were higher than the highlights or the shadows. either that or an edge mask of some kind. i dont know much about masks though, so i could be wrong. that's just what it looks like to me.

i tried to reproduce it with the method i said, and this is what i got...

weirdedit.jpg

not quite there, im pretty sure some dodging and burning was involved in the one you showed...there's a tad more depth in the shadow/midtone transitions. i think there is an easier way to do it, i just don't know it :)

reminds me of a photoshop website i went to one time. It was a technique for making a picture look like it was hand drawn really well I might have some I did on my computer I'll look.

Here we go this is one I did like a year and a half ago. My photoshops skills are still just as bad.

Before:
Elisha_Cuthbert_4-1.jpg

And after:
elishadrawncopy-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back