can anyone help me?

Pinoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well i just got into photography and well i have an okay camera but i was wondering what would anyone recommend as my 1st professional? Right now i got a black kodak 38mm - 114mm :(

what do you mean by professional? Like a body, photographer, or a lens?

well i just got into photography and well i have an okay camera but i was wondering what would anyone recommend as my 1st professional? Right now i got a black kodak 38mm - 114mm :(

Sounds to me like you have a point and shoot digital camera (a compact camera). And you are interested in buying a DSLR (camera where you can change lenses)?

There are quite a few choices. What are you interested in taking pictures of? What kind of price range you looking for? Do you want something smaller or larger size? Some cameras feel better in the hand that others deppending on your hand size.

Just about any camera can be a Professional camera deppending on the user. Some are built better than others. And of course prices have a very large range.

Give us a little more information and we can steer you in the right direction.

ah if it a DSLR you seek I have some advice. Go to a big box store (bestbuy, walmart, etc) and look at theres. If you have a camera store around thats even better.\

But what you are looking for is what feels the best and what fits with you. For me I like how a Nikon feels (that just me) but my friend has a cannon. I tried to use his but it just felt awkward. Now this is no slant against Canon but just what I feel.

And at your level or anyone that is not a profestonal it dosent matter what brand of DSLR you get. They all are fairly equal. And you can always ask here if you are stuck between two.

After you find which one you like look online at stores for the best price and go from there. Thats how I do it and its worked out pretty well!

DSLR cameras come in 3 major levels.
  • Entry
  • Pro-sumer
  • Pro
There are several brands that are good and prices start at about $500 (including a lens) and go up to a little over $9000 (no lens).

Because of interchangable lenses, many DSLR users have several thousands of dollars invested in a variety of lenses.

As an example a popular intermediate focal length telephoto zoom lens from Nikon, the AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 VR retails for just under $2000, however their consumer level lens the AF-S 55-200 mm f/4-5.6G VR is only $220.

So, there is a really wide arena for you to play in.

I've got the same thing going on here.
I was thinking about the Nikon D40. Does that sound like a good decission?

I've got the same thing going on here.
I was thinking about the Nikon D40. Does that sound like a good decission?

A Nikon D40 is a good start if you like the camera. Really hard to go wrong with any of the major manufacturers. Obviously the more expensive models have more capability and advantages. But for someone who is just starting, a D40 will fit the bill. One advice is to try one first. It's a small body and in big hands it may not be such a good fit. But product wise. It's a good camera. And obviously they sell a bunch of them.:D

Most reactions

Back