Can anyone help me?

jenkauai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You all seem very knowledgeable so bear with me...
I recently had the hard drive replaced on my macbook, and just re-installed my canon 30D utility and it's programs. As I went to download my most recent pics today, it says busy like usual when I plug the camera in, but my computer says "no camera found" (over and over) I looked into doing a firmware update, I have version 1.0.5 and online is 1.0.6 but I am hesitant to format the CF and loose what I shot. I am in Hawaii so I need to drop these photos soon and take more!! (hopefully without losing any!)
what am I missing?
I have dropped photos on my mac many times before, but just not since the new HD....
thanks....

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know anything about Macs...I'm not sure why it won't recognize your camera.
Can you access/see the camera as a drive/storage device?

As for the photos on your card, I'd suggest just buying a new card for the rest of your trip. Don't delete or format anything. (check out Costco, I hear the Hawaii Costco has great prices)
If you can't find an affordable card, you might be able to get a photo lab to transfer your images from the card to a CD.

This would at least buy you some time until you can figure out the camera/Macbook issue.

I know how tough it is to deal with issues when you are pressed for time.
I would say your cheapest and quickest solution is to go to a nearby photolab as Mike suggested. They would burn a CD for you in a few minutes.

You can also buy an inexpensive card reader and try it. Most card readers do not require any driver software and can be recognized by any computer as soon as you plug them in...

Other than these, I don't think anyone can help you with why your Mac doesn't recognize your camera...

If you installed Snow Leopard (10.6) on the machine and were running Leopard (10.5) there may be some issues with the Canon software. I assume you have iPhoto installed? Try launching iPhoto and seeing if it see the camera. Just a thought, along with the other replys.

Most reactions

Back