can anyone help me

nduke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am confused!which one will be better for me? Canon 60d or Nikon d7000.plz help

What do you plan on shooting? How much do you want to spend? Do you have any experience with DSLR cameras?

And last but not least are you trolling? :D

I am confused!which one will be better for me? Canon 60d or Nikon d7000.plz help
From the information you've given us, I'd say a Nikon D3x.........

Your question is far too broad to be answered.

It's like asking, "Which is a better vehicle for me..... a Chevy Volt or a Ford Ranger?"

From the information you've given us, I'd say a Nikon D3x.........
Definitely the D3s. The D3x has too many limitations.

To the OP, what do your friends shoot with? I would pick the one that you have the best support network...i.e. borrowing lenses, flash, batteries, etc when needed.

It the cost almost the same then there is not much different other than brand. Try out both before deciding. Why these 2 models? You must have done your homework but undecided it it should be canon or nikon?

Bukitimah said:
It the cost almost the same then there is not much different other than brand. Try out both before deciding. Why these 2 models? You must have done your homework but undecided it it should be canon or nikon?

Thanks bukitimah.you are right.this two is my altimate choice.I will buy one of those .my focus on shootin.instead of vedio.that's why I tried to share with forum.thank again

You came to the Nikon Forum, so
expect most of us to say D7000.
Go to the Canon forum and most will say the 60D

I suggest that you go to the camera store and get "hands On".
If it is not comfortable you will have too much trouble using it.
Take a flash card, take some pictures with equal lens and subject and then compare on your PC.

They're both quite capable. I also vote for going to a store and playing with them, and then deciding. If you were choosing between a 1D MkIV and a D3x, it'd be a different story... at this level, ergonomics are the most important. Get the one you enjoy using, and that makes sense in it's layout.

As analog.universe said, it's about ergonomics at this point. A canon feels much different than a nikon in your hand. There are also different menu and button layouts. So try them out and see which you prefer.

Thank you all to giving me your opinion.I will go to store & check both of them

I have actually owned both, I am not a pro at all. I picked up the 60D first and really liked it. I liked the ergonomics of it and got some good pictures but I had issues with the lens and decided to return it and try the D7000 instead. The D7k feels more solid but the ergonomics (IMHO) are not as good as the 60D in some areas. The D7k I believe has better seals so is more weather proof and has a faster frame rate which I wanted. One of the things that I really find better is speed and accuracy of the AF an that one was a big change once I started using it.

Either way you go you can't go wrong, both are excellent and both are top of the line systems ( Canon and Nikon) so lenses and accessories are aplenty.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Most reactions

Back