Can I get that on the side?

I actually like this one better than the other. Maybe a little WB adjustment to drop the blues.

looks good

Thanks!

I actually like this one better than the other. Maybe a little WB adjustment to drop the blues.

Thanks. I struggled with the tones on this one and tried to get the colors more like the other but I feel like the yellow has a bit too much red/orange tint. I haven’t mastered Affinity yet and this is a jpeg so couldn’t really fix the wb. If I decide to print these I’ll try to tweak it using the raw file.

Thanks. I struggled with the tones on this one and tried to get the colors more like the other but I feel like the yellow has a bit too much red/orange tint. I haven’t mastered Affinity yet and this is a jpeg so couldn’t really fix the wb. If I decide to print these I’ll try to tweak it using the raw file.

I'm always hesitant to do any edits to others photos, for fear of offending someone and their vision, but sometimes it's the only way I know to explain something. I've never used Affinity, so I'm not sure how the editing tools correspond to LR. These are the setting in LR - Temp +5, Exposure +.36, Shadows +14, Whites -100, Blacks -19, Clarity +14, Vibrance +24, Saturation +14, Curves light medium contrast curve. In curves pulled down the blue channel, and bumped the green. Luminance - Orange +20, Yellow +26, Blue +11, Purple +4. Sharpening 40, Noise/luminance 24.

Anyhow, its really quite a nice image, to work with, just a suggestion to do with, as the you fit.

edited1-1-2.jpg

I'm always hesitant to do any edits to others photos, for fear of offending someone and their vision, but sometimes it's the only way I know to explain something. I've never used Affinity, so I'm not sure how the editing tools correspond to LR. These are the setting in LR - Temp +5, Exposure +.36, Shadows +14, Whites -100, Blacks -19, Clarity +14, Vibrance +24, Saturation +14, Curves light medium contrast curve. In curves pulled down the blue channel, and bumped the green. Luminance - Orange +20, Yellow +26, Blue +11, Purple +4. Sharpening 40, Noise/luminance 24.

Anyhow, its really quite a nice image, with a to work with, just a suggestion to do with, as the you fit.

I have no problem with anyone editing any of my photos. I appreciate the effort and your taking the time to do it, thanks. I definitely like that better, especially the stem and, while I like the petals better as well, I still want them a bit less orange and more of a pure yellow. I'll keep your edits in mind. I have no idea how LR translates to Affinity as I never used LR (always used just PSE11) and am new to Affinity. I'm working my way through the tutorials one at a time! The weather has just been too nice to stay indoors "studying".

still want them a bit less orange and more of a pure yellow.

Yeah I have to agree with you. The petals at the back are more what I consider a pure yellow. The ones at the front do seem to have more orange then they need. To really match those back petals I would probably have to take it into PS to hue match, then use a layer mask to restrict it the flower only. Again not sure how that relates to Affinity.

LOOOVE this one! This is, in my opinion, much nicer than the behind angle you posted before, (on this particular flower.) It's refreshing to see some other sides given the attention for a change.

The symmetry of the curvy leaves at the base, and the flowing pattern from the stem through the tips of the petal is perfect, you can almost envision it opening right before your eyes. Well done.

On another note,
I'll be curiously following your journey with Affinity Photo. I have CS6 and LR, but Affinity has been intriguing me lately with its inviting price tag and eye-catching interface, not to mention the "built in" frequency separation. (Though I am probably too lazy to use it, it would be nice to know its there when I needed it!)

LOOOVE this one! This is, in my opinion, much nicer than the behind angle you posted before, (on this particular flower.) It's refreshing to see some other sides given the attention for a change.

The symmetry of the curvy leaves at the base, and the flowing pattern from the stem through the tips of the petal is perfect, you can almost envision it opening right before your eyes. Well done.

On another note,
I'll be curiously following your journey with Affinity Photo. I have CS6 and LR, but Affinity has been intriguing me lately with its inviting price tag and eye-catching interface, not to mention the "built in" frequency separation. (Though I am probably too lazy to use it, it would be nice to know its there when I needed it!)

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback on the photos! I'm using the Affinity app for iPad, not the Affinity desktop system. From what I've read, it has almost all of the same features as the desktop version but I've never used that one. So far I like it but I have a lot to learn. I recently switched to a Fuji system and I like the jpegs it produces so I've been getting away from a lot of editing. I also got the new large screen iPad Pro and I love love love being totally mobile. It's great not to be tied to my desk editing photos and when I do need to tweak something, I use the Affinity app (it was $20!). The app does have frequency separation but I have not tried it yet other than following along with the tutorial.

This is really cool. I like the detail and dimension, and the perspective you got from your vantage point. This should make for a wonderful print.

On another note,

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback on the photos! I'm using the Affinity app for iPad, not the Affinity desktop system. From what I've read, it has almost all of the same features as the desktop version but I've never used that one. So far I like it but I have a lot to learn. I recently switched to a Fuji system and I like the jpegs it produces so I've been getting away from a lot of editing. I also got the new large screen iPad Pro and I love love love being totally mobile. It's great not to be tied to my desk editing photos and when I do need to tweak something, I use the Affinity app (it was $20!). The app does have frequency separation but I have not tried it yet other than following along with the tutorial.
Does the iPad app do raw files? Do you have the Apple Pencil?

I’ve been eyeing Waycom tablets for a while now, but curious how well an Apple Pencil/iPad Pro would do in comparison.

Does the iPad app do raw files? Do you have the Apple Pencil?

I’ve been eyeing Waycom tablets for a while now, but curious how well an Apple Pencil/iPad Pro would do in comparison.

Yes and yes. The raw conversion piece is similar to ACR. I've only used it a couple of times at this point but it was pretty self explanatory. Adjust shadows, exposure, wb, highlights etc. The only "glitch" is that you can't use the Fuji wifi app to download the raw files to the iPad, you need to use an icable adapter, either to connect from the camera directly or the one that has the SD card slot.

I did get the pencil but haven't really used it much yet - just messing around with it and the selection tool or using it to "sketch" - not my area at all! It's pretty responsive but I haven't tested it enough to give it a full thumbs up.

I upload right to Flickr from the tablet and I have the tablet and my phone synched with iCloud for windows so whatever I do in Affinity saves to the cloud and then I can conceivably download to my external drive anything that I want to save for keeps - have not done that yet. I also have Prime Photos and Google Photos synched to save. Overkill a bit but the Prime is included with my membership and Google is free. If they ever get rid of or start charging for Flickr at least I won't lose everything. Also, it's nice having all the photos easily accessible on my phone.

There are a bunch of video reviews out there on using the iPad Pro/Pencil with Affinity Photo.

This is really cool. I like the detail and dimension, and the perspective you got from your vantage point. This should make for a wonderful print.

Thanks! I am thinking of printing this and the other as a gift for my Aunt who really loved them and wants them for her kitchen.

Nice. I like the pop from smoke ... but his edits have also spilled over and muddied up the background. How would this image compare to one shot with your Nikon?

Most reactions

Back