Can I just say a BIG THANK YOU

"Haven't done enough"?? I seriously doubt that!

Don't know what these changes are yet but I'm sure it's better than removing mod status!

Anyway, thanks for your hard work and time looking after the forum Girls! :hug:::D

Thanks Andy for this thread, thank you, all others, for expressing your trust in us, even though Corry and I were "made redundant". All I know is that the forum is undergoing a re-structurisation and a re-organisation. I was told as much by Chase in his explanatory e-mail to me about why my status has suddenly changed. But that's all I know. So --- sorry, I can't tell you more. I may have misbehaved or done too little as mod on this forum or whatever ... I wasn't told.

Ah, sorry to hear it. You were always very nice.

I for one am sorry to see you both retire as mods, but am very happy you were here as you both made your mark on this forum. And it was a very high mark. Thanks to you both for your dedication and participation. I trully hope you both stick around (and maybe get a little chuckle from those who fetch and stumble as they attempt to fill your shoes). Good luck to you both, and please hang in here to let us know you both are still doing well.

Love ya both, John and Cathy.

oh, how strange. I would have guessed you two gave up because it is so much work and often not rewarded. but apparently you were sacked?

well if I was a mod, I would be glad to be sacked :D

Thanks for all you did for the forum anyway!

Thanks Andy for this thread, thank you, all others, for expressing your trust in us, even though Corry and I were "made redundant". All I know is that the forum is undergoing a re-structurisation and a re-organisation. I was told as much by Chase in his explanatory e-mail to me about why my status has suddenly changed. But that's all I know. So --- sorry, I can't tell you more. I may have misbehaved or done too little as mod on this forum or whatever ... I wasn't told.

But, as you can all see, I do stick around and don't mean to disappear!!!
Unfortunately, I haven't seen Corry since... :(

Tsk tsk. Naughty girl! I got demoted after not being able to log-on for a week. :biglaugh:

You're one of the most active mods on here. Go through almost any thread in the themes section and you can see you've gone through and edited posts to remove images with broken links - making the forum faster and neater. A mammoth task! You must have read a lot more posts than you've actually made! The work you've done and the effort and time you've put in is clear for all to see.

Well that is very unnerving. I can see if you two gave it up yourselves as moderating a busy site is a HUGE amount of work. But to be told by the owner that you are no longer? Something smells fishy. Wonder what's up.

This forum would not be the same without you Corrina!!!! You are an amazing person. Thank you for all that you have done on this sight!

Well I can surely see this forum going downhill without you two as mods hopefully that doesn't happen though.

Who runs the site? I always thought that you guys (mods) were buddies who ran the site for fun. Is the site owner even a member?

It would be rather nice if the members had some idea what the mode/direction/thinking of Chase is. Is this a serious photo forum or just a social networking community with an interest in photography? Is the high noise to signal ratio of value to anyone who wants to learn about photography or does that matter at all? Is this forum more for kids from 14 to 30 or for everyone? Should cliques be encouraged or discouraged?
Are experienced photographers encouraged or discouraged by the tone and trends in this forum? Does it matter? How do moderators try to control the forums but stay as neutral as possible? But then maybe that is not the expectation. A moderator may be expressing a personal view or forum policy. How does one really know?

skieur

Hmmm? :(

There isn't much for me to add, so I just want to voice my appreciation for all both of you have done.

I'd also like to thank Corinna and Corry for their efforts, and LP for starting this thread.

It's a disrespectful way to find out about changes, however. Skieur asks some good questions that deserve answers.

Best,
Helen

Most reactions

Back