Can I sell my PDF Photo book (on CD) on Amazon without an ISBN?

Ilovemycam

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read you need an ISBN for selling books on Amazon.

What about a PDF book on CD? Can I sell it without an ISBN?

Thanks

This is 2013 why would I buy a digital file only to wait and have it mailed to me on a CD?

Sell it as a digital download.

How do you go about doing that? The file is 220mb. Does Amazon take care of the downloading?

I was also thinking about ebay. But the biggest file I can email is 25mb. So I was going to offer it on CD.

How are you going to prevent people from copying it?

If you're selling an ebook on Amazon then yes they are going to do this hosting just like they do with the rest of their ebook lines. You'd have to talk with them about this and about getting signed onto their ebook service if you want to sell that kind of product through them (there will likely be a waiting period).

As for selling a digital book, honestly I'd expect it to come with visuals or be exceptionally long to be worth putting on a CD in todays market. Now of course if you sold it yourself you wouldn't email it, you'd have to setup a service whereby you host the file online either yourself or through a company and then people download the book from that.

Copy protection is also important to consider - Amazon mostly deal with this themselves if you go through them - if you go it alone you have to make a choice if you use it or not.

Another point to remember is formatting - what kind of screen can your product be viewed upon/is designed to be viewed upon.

Go to bookbaby.com
they help independent writers get their eBooks converted and set up on all the eReader sites including Amazon.

If you have a mac get apples iBook creation software from the Mac App Store and once the book is created submit it to the iBook store.

What about a PDF book on CD? Can I sell it without an ISBN barcode?

Thanks

Have you got a concrete answer to your question? If yes, could you please mark it as a solution? Thank you so much as it will save a lot of time for later readers.

What about a PDF book on CD? Can I sell it without an ISBN barcode?

Thanks

Have you got a concrete answer to your question? If yes, could you please mark it as a solution? Thank you so much as it will save a lot of time for later readers.

Hello, Cathy - with all due respect, this is the third post I've seen you reply to that you dug up from the past. Please take a moment to notice the dates - that will help you decide whether or not the original poster got a concrete answer to their question. Generally around here, no one "marks" posts as solved or not.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back