Can I Take a Picture Like This With My Android Device?

mrniceguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a novice when it comes to taking pictures.

We're on a tight budget, but we'd like to post a picture to our website of an individual that's similar to this picture of this young lady.

Here's a link to the actual webpage where this image resides, in case you need to see it on her site to view the quality of the image.

Can this be done with a Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone?

Below are the specs of the camera on this device:

8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality
Features Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization

If so, what kind of lighting or environment (ie outside on a sunny day, etc.) is best to get an image that we can remove the background from to look similar to hers?

Thanks for your time and advice.

I figured I could. What kind of lighting would be necessary to make it as bright as hers is, though? Maybe I'm overthinking it, being that I know next to nothing about making pictures.

Good, bright, diffused light on her, posed about 6 to 10 feet in front of a dark background. BOOM! Ya got the shot.

You would need studio equipment. Probably not possible if your on a really tight budget.

I also have Galaxy S3 and after having a look at the picture you are talking about I don't think it's possible to get that exact copy or perfection. It's only possible with those editing and other equipments. So don't try it.

I also have Galaxy S3 and after having a look at the picture you are talking about I don't think it's possible to get that exact copy or perfection. It's only possible with those editing and other equipments. So don't try it.

Wow this is great advice here :lmao:

Just don't even try it!

I can't even see the picture but....

Photography is all about light not about equipment. Although certain equipment will make things much easier.

Taken with my cell phone.

Cell Phone Pics - a set on Flickr

Most reactions

Back