Can I use my iPad as an external monitor 4 my Canon t4i?

You can get a Camera Connection Kit for an ipad for $5 of ebay. Although not instantaneous viewing, you can plug it in and insert your SD card and import your pics to your ipad easily. Just watch out because it will fill the ipad's storage quickly.

But you cannot continually shoot and have the images show up on the ipad and that is what the OP wants.

Buckster, I hope I am wrong and please correct me if I am. Don't you have to have your camera in live view mode to use DSLR Controller? If so, doesn't that limit your focusing, etc.?

Buckster, I hope I am wrong and please correct me if I am. Don't you have to have your camera in live view mode to use DSLR Controller? If so, doesn't that limit your focusing, etc.?
You do need to be in live mode, but it doesn't limit focusing. Actually, it helps because you can tap the screen and it will focus where you tapped, so you can choose which subject or object to focus on really easily. Then, you can zoom the screen through the app to get a much closer view and REALLY get a sharp focus by hand.

I used it to shoot this, including the focusing:

Spider_2282_tight_face_crop.jpg

You can buy LCD camera monitors that are specifically made for this. It's really more of a video accessory, but it should work just fine for still image review.
I just grabbed and example HERE.

Of course, a tablet (properly set up) will do the same thing, but probably more expensive.

You could also buy a 'loupe' and/or hood for your LCD screen, making it easier to see. http://www.hoodmanusa.com/

And you do know that you can just magnify (zoom in to) the image on the scree don't you? That wouldn't cost anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back