can some one explain this to me?

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
During work today we were at the local paint shop gettin some supplies and I saw that they had a calander there. So i was browsing through the pics and saw they all used the same technique. Being a paint shop and all they wanted the picture to appear as it was just painted on, or rolled on with a roller. I thought it looked kinda cool and wanted to try it on some of my pics, so if some one explain how it would be down in photo shop that would be rad. :D

3396%3B8%3B523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D48%3B%3D473%3DXROQDF%3E2323494856373ot1lsi

Thanks,
Troy

could this effect be acheived in the darkroom by getting some emulsion and use a roller to roll it onto paper?

In Photoshop:

1. Open your photo.
2. Add a blank layer.
3. Fill it with white (Large paintbrush, etc)
4. Click on the eraser tool and choose a rough brush (sponge, etc)
5. Erase the white entirely away in the center, and feather it to your taste around the edges.

Hope this helps!

To answer whether this could be done in the dark room I would say yes in BW. but it would be dicey geting it to come out as planned. And in color I would say virtually impossible.

drlynn said:
In Photoshop:

1. Open your photo.
2. Add a blank layer.
3. Fill it with white (Large paintbrush, etc)
4. Click on the eraser tool and choose a rough brush (sponge, etc)
5. Erase the white entirely away in the center, and feather it to your taste around the edges.

Hope this helps!

Thanks dude! I got the basics down now I just gotta play with it some more and get smoother with the brush and make it look a lil better.
Heres my first attemt at it :oops:

3398246323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D48%3B%3D473%3DXROQDF%3E2323499989642ot1lsi

Thanks again dude, usually I cant understand directions for photoshop.

Most reactions

Back