Can some one fix these

Are these scans of negs? if so look in the scan software for color correction slider or control. Different film types produce color casts which have to be corrected at the enlargement stage, (scan in your case), I've looked at the shots and dont value them enough to spend time on them, maybe someone else. H

Are these scans of negs? I've looked at the shots and dont value them enough to spend time on them, maybe someone else. H

Yes, they are negitive scans

if so look in the scan software for color correction slider or control. Different film types produce color casts which have to be corrected at the enlargement stage, (scan in your case), Different film types produce color casts which have to be corrected at the enlargement stage, (scan in your case),

The scanning software has an auto color correction that is always on. The slider color adjustment is also there and I know how to find it, but having it and knowing how to use it are two entirely different things and I do not know how to use it. I tried and either ended up with a red parking lot, a yellow bird, green bird and whatnot. I'm at work fifteen hours a day, I don't have the time to sit there and figure this out rightand I don't have squat software wise at work.

This is more than that otherwise I would not have has the same problem with Fuji 800, Kodak 800, and now Kodak 400 films. I'm not sure it's just color shift from poorly stored film or the scanner dying. I had high hopes for these and now they are out of my ability to post.

I've looked at the shots and dont value them enough to spend time on them, maybe someone else. H

I was quite irritated with that, I had to get up and leave the computer room for a few hours just so I didn't blow up on you for telling me things I alredy knew and then saying they wern't worth your time. Next time, if the shots are not worth the time to attempt the work, I ask that you not reply and move on.

I was quite irritated with that, I had to get up and leave the computer room for a few hours just so I didn't blow up on you for telling me things I alredy knew and then saying they wern't worth your time. Next time, if the shots are not worth the time to attempt the work, I ask that you not reply and move on.

Yeah seriously, what the hell?

Gimme about 10 minutes, I'll give it a shot.

no offense intended, sorry, all I meant was they are just a couple of gull shots and I'm a little busy myself. There's nothing wrong with the film/negs, thats just the way it is with film, a darkroom print scanned would probably be a lot better. H

No big problem Battou...
about 30 seconds in PS between download and upload
Jedo

Attachments

• $bird.jpg
    $bird.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 93
I did not want the croping done, all I needed was color correction, However the red pavement was one of the issues I was having, is that just not correctable?

Not exactly sure what you're after, so I had a play in selecting color to get rid of the blue..
Untitled-2small.jpg

It's a little desaturated, but I could work with that. What exatcly did you do adjustment wise so I can try to do it with the rest of them.

With the way this thread was progressing I went and aquired a Photoshop to work with last night...so I actually have the right tools now.

I thought it was desaturated a bit too, but I don't know what your original colors were, so I figured I'd focus on the blue.

I just went to Select - color range - and chose a shade of blue...feathered that selection about 2 and went to image adjustments - hue saturation...and played with the sliders there. then I repeated the process. bumped the contrast just slightly.

Good luck :)

I thought it was desaturated a bit too, but I don't know what your original colors were, so I figured I'd focus on the blue.

I just went to Select - color range - and chose a shade of blue...feathered that selection about 2 and went to image adjustments - hue saturation...and played with the sliders there. then I repeated the process. bumped the contrast just slightly.

Good luck :)

Thanks, The original colors are pretty much what is there, just the yellow on the beak and legs was stronger. When I posted this thread I did not have Photoshop at all, so the tools where not at my disposal.

This was sure more difficult than I would have anticipated!

Hey, do you have photoshop now?

So, this was my first try, using a levels adjustment layer, and two curves adjustment layers.

2766718027_ee259beedd.jpg

I was still seeing way too much cyan in the white of the breast feathers when looking at the info palette. So opened up one of the curves adjustment layers again, went to individual color channels. I increased the reds to decrease the cyan. I increased the greens to decrease the magenta. I decreased blue to increase yellow. Then on the ends of the diagonal line in the RGB channel of that curves dialog window, I pulled the white end down from 255 to 250 and pulled up the black end from 0 to about 5.

With this as the result.

2767571616_13a5fa40b4.jpg

This was sure more difficult than I would have anticipated!

Hey, do you have photoshop now?

So, this was my first try, using a levels adjustment layer, and two curves adjustment layers.

2766718027_ee259beedd.jpg

I was still seeing way too much cyan in the white of the breast feathers when looking at the info palette. So opened up one of the curves adjustment layers again, went to individual color channels. I increased the reds to decrease the cyan. I increased the greens to decrease the magenta. I decreased blue to increase yellow. Then on the ends of the diagonal line in the RGB channel of that curves dialog window, I pulled the white end down from 255 to 250 and pulled up the black end from 0 to about 5.

With this as the result.

2767571616_13a5fa40b4.jpg

Thank you, Yeah I Kinda have CS3, I got it at work but not at home where I do most of my processing :( but I do have it. I aprieciate the help

Lemme know if sending you screenshots of either the curves adjustments for the R G B channels or screenshots of the info palette might be helpful.

Most reactions

Back