Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to fix my T3i?

TheKenTurner said:
So I think my problems are all with software. to try and fix my problems, I have updated to 1.0.2, reset all camera settings, changed lenses, and fully charged my battery.

Problems:
-To take a picture, I have to hit the shutter button twice, (The first hit, you hear the shutter, the second hit takes the picture). In live view, and auto modes, I only have to hit it once, though.
-It will only auto-focus in video mode, and auto modes. Will not work in live view for other modes, or looking through the viewfinder in Manual modes.

Can somebody please help me? Have any of you had these problems with a Canon?

I will try to answer your questions to my best ability !

Sounds like you have mirror lockup enabled at the very least. Make sure your custom functions are set to default.

Lol heeeeelp meeee! my autofocus on my kit lens is having a similar problem, but I don't know how to fix it and I don't know where I can make the settings to default LOL. I just got the t3i three weeks ago, it's my first slr..
Oh and, what it's doing is I'll press the shutter button and it'll just keep on focusing and focusing, it won't take a photo. I really hope it's not broken. I would legit cry.

Lol heeeeelp meeee! my autofocus on my kit lens is having a similar problem, but I don't know how to fix it and I don't know where I can make the settings to default LOL. I just got the t3i three weeks ago, it's my first slr..
Oh and, what it's doing is I'll press the shutter button and it'll just keep on focusing and focusing, it won't take a photo. I really hope it's not broken. I would legit cry.

Have you tried reading the manual?

Most reactions

Back