Can someone edit a couple pics for me?

tonig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I took these pics of my daughter for her senior prom. I am very new to photography and would just like some critique and also wondered if someone would possibly be able to edit these for me? Thank you so much!

prom080.jpg

prom044.jpg

prom033.jpg

i like how you incorporated the window frame color with the dress. i think the photo would of looked better if she were standing on the right side.

Actually I was driving by that barn which happened to have the exact color window trim as her dress and we jumped out of the car and snapped that picture. I'm not that good at editing to change colors!

On the third shot especially it looks like your WB is way off. When you ask for someone to edit them for you, what do you want done?

Try a little fill flash next time. Also, if you want people to edit them so that you can use them, try posting larger pics ( even if we have to click to enlarge because the won't display right on the page. The more data we have in the picture, the more stuff we can do with it.

I edited the second one

(Note: Attempt not to cut off joints, such as her elbow in future shots...if you need to cut anything off in the composition, do it away from joints...don't know why, it just doesn't seem to look right when it is done)

Here is the very quick edit I did, more time = better result (I am lazy after all):

Prom.jpg

*Just noticed I forgot to bring color back into some of her hair*

Last edited:
Are these shots the originals? They seem pretty small... My PP software shows them (well the first one) to be only 639 pixels × 425 pixels (not even 1 mega pixel).

It would be much easier to edit these if they were a bit larger...

Well, yeah. When I edited the photo, I had to zoom in a ways to make a good outline with the pen tool and the low resolution definitely showed. I'm going to go ahead and guess that these were compressed to save space. Maybe thee OP will put the original images up for us to see and tinker around with. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, know-what-I-mean, a wink's as good as a nod...

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to post them larger. These are the originals but I tried to edit them and I obviously don't know what I'm doing! Thanks for the advice on not cutting of the joints!

Don't know what you were looking for with "edit", but I toyed around with the levels in the first one...

prom080-2.jpg

1st pic I really didn't like the background. I like the #2 and #3 a lot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back