Can someone explain what the real differences are between

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by railman44, Jan 2, 2005.

1. railman44

railman44 TPF Noob!

the Nikon D70 and D100 besides price? I'm sure there are many differences since the D2H is only 4.1 MP and sells for mega bucks. :shock: My limited experience is with the F2A and F3 so any help is appreciated...

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

3. Patrick

Patrick TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh heck I'll give this one a shot.
    The D100 has a better build quality
    D70 is kina a upgrade (just not built as sturdy)

Basiclly the D70 is a D100 with more features in a cheaper body made to compete with a Cannon Rebel (at the time of release)

Had a D70 for almost a year now and LOVE it. Just wish it was built like the D100

Hope this helps :D

4. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Yeah, I have always been a little unclear on that. I am more of a "work with what I got guy". I have an old school D1 and my coworkers have the D100. The D1 and 100 may be "photojournalism" Meaning that the design is well balanced, you can use the controls with your gloves, the capture rate is super fast and Nikon glass (in my opinion) makes up for in adequacies in file size. Plus they are really hard to break. Those little details are expensive.

Between you and I; the D1 stinks. The D100 is better, but that is not saying a lot. The D70 seems to be technological marvel. The camera is priced right and really popular. The best thing is to get your hands around the camera before you buy it. Then drop it and see if it still works. No one wants a camera that breaks if you drop it.