Can someone help me, please..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to set up off camera flash with my Nikon d600. I have the Yongnuo YN622N trigger/receivers. Everything works great until I put my flash on the tripod and then it stops working. What the heck am I doing wrong? It's been awhile since I've had my camera and flash out. Thanks.

Last edited:
What flashes are you using?

Oops.. That would have helped. Nikon SB700. The flash fires off the tripod, but when I put it on it stops.

Is the flash on the tripod in such a way that there is weight pulling the flash maybe a littlke bit off of the contact pins? Meaning, is the flash not making 100 percent solid,firm,perfect contact?

Is the tripod thread maybe pushing up on the underside of the trigger? Is the tripod behind your camera position?

A little bit more information might help diagnose this situation. More details,perhaps.

The Yongnuo 603's had a reputation for having contact problems. The 622's were supposed to be better. I personally have experienced that same thing: 603's with problems, but not with 622's. Make sure the flash is securely mounted into the trigger (and locked). The part about mounting onto the tripod is ... hmm, weird.

Oops.. That would have helped. Nikon SB700. The flash fires off the tripod, but when I put it on it stops.
Are the flash contacts in contact with metal? They might be shorting out. Put a little piece of thin cardboard under the flash foot when it is mounted to the tripod. See if that helps.

Are the flash contacts in contact with metal? They might be shorting out. Put a little piece of thin cardboard under the flash foot when it is mounted to the tripod. See if that helps.

You the man..:icon_cheers: Your solution worked.. Thank you!! :icon_salut:

Is the flash on the tripod in such a way that there is weight pulling the flash maybe a littlke bit off of the contact pins? Meaning, is the flash not making 100 percent solid,firm,perfect contact?

Is the tripod thread maybe pushing up on the underside of the trigger? Is the tripod behind your camera position?

A little bit more information might help diagnose this situation. More details,perhaps.

Thanks, Darryl.. Problem solved! The piece of cardboard helped.

Most reactions

Back