Can this be done??

herrickphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.herrickphoto.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I got an email from a woman who wanted a photo created out of ones she already had as her husband had been killed in Iraq and she didn't have a photo of the two of them together. She sent me 3 images to see if I could do anything with them. I'm a photographer and do retouching but can't manipulate images like these. Thought I'd see if anyone wanted to have a try here. The dinner suit image was just one she found, but she wanted to have any full length of the two of them standing together and the only pic of her husband she had was the face shot.

Images are at:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...h/S4200007.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...ianah/matt.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...ah/dinner2.jpg

Thanks for any and all help. I'd like to help her if I can

Lynn

Anything can be done, to what quality is what remains to be seen.

However, you have "My Photos are NOT ok to edit" so you may not get much action with this thread.

No way this is real. First off who has a husband/wife and only 1 shot of them together. second the photos linked in the OPs thread are clearly sifferet people. The first could be real, the second is a close crop of a photo that looks to be taken from the internet, the third is an advertisment!! Im not sure what the point of this hoax is? And anyone who could combine these photos and make it look natural should go work for Dreamworks because that would be one heck of an editing job.

Sad but true, there are some out there that have NO pictures of their loved ones. ( for what ever reason - tour of duty/lost in fire/never had any and figured they would have lots of time to do so )

In the OP the poster did say the last pic was just of a tux.

I am glad the OP is just asking this for someone else and is not the actual lady, as if this is a true situation, it is very sad and they would be very hurt if they ever read this thread.

My 2 cents.

In the OP the poster did say the last pic was just of a tux.
It was an image of a couple which appeared to be part of a print ad and professionally taken. The second photo was a very grainy one of a man and a child from the chest up. There is no way to attach the head to the tux photo and make it look even remotely realistic. The first one was a woman gardening in harsh light. It was not a good photo of her at all - she wasn't even looking directly at the camera.

If I were the requesting party, I would at least scrape together a decent shot of myself - why would I want my husband artificially put into a tux put next to me in terrible lighting, looking the wrong way, in my gardening clothes and hat? While the actual request isn't out of the realm of possibilities, given the images shown, it just does not make sense.

ETA - I don't think the OP is dishonest at all - I just think someone is taking advantage of her.

[herrickphoto;1286535]
Hi, I got an email from a woman who wanted a photo created out
of ones she already had as her husband had been killed in Iraq and
she didn't have a photo of the two of them together.
She sent me 3 images to see if I could do anything with them.
I'm a photographer and do retouching but can't manipulate images
like these. Thought I'd see if anyone wanted to have a try here.
The dinner suit image was just one she found, but she wanted to
have any full length of the two of them standing together and the
only pic of her husband she had was the face shot.
Beware.
Verify the truthfulness of this request.
This could also be a scam, which you may find yourself being part of.

Hi, thanks for all the replies. I guess it must be some kind of weird scam, though I don't really get what the point of it would be? Anyway, I've heard from a lot of people that do think it's weird, so I've taken down the photos and emailed the woman that it's not something I could find anyone able to do.
Lynn

Most reactions

Back