Can this be salvaged?

theApe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thebibbithole.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So we're driving down the road and my son snaps this picture of a guy on a Harley cruising by us through the half open back seat window.

The window is in the picture and the horizon is tilted quite a bit but a guy on a Harley would make a cool picture in the photo album.

So I've been playing around with different degrees of cropping but the end result always leaves me wishing the cropped out parts of the bike were still there. Anyone have any alternative solutions?

I thought about using the cloning tool to remove the window but when I try the image looks like I finger painted the shadow and tire.

biker.jpg

It's possible, but not really practical. It would require a lot of work on the high res image, mainly due to the tint of the window and the change in texture it would generate. The best you could realistically hope for is to remove the bulk of the glare from the edge of the window.

It can be, but it isn't any more than a snapshot of a biker going by.
On a higher res image, you could select the wheel, copy, paste and the, using transform, rotate it until a good segment overlays the bad segment. Then erase what you don't need and repeat.
Shadow/highlights will bring up detail in the jacket and you can clone in the edges where it is missing, along with road stripes, etc.

This is a very rough fix done in 3-5 minutes.

bikerbko8.jpg

It can be, but it isn't any more than a snapshot of a biker going by.
On a higher res image, you could select the wheel, copy, paste and the, using transform, rotate it until a good segment overlays the bad segment. Then erase what you don't need and repeat.
Shadow/highlights will bring up detail in the jacket and you can clone in the edges where it is missing, along with road stripes, etc.

This is a very rough fix done in 3-5 minutes.

bikerbko8.jpg

WOW Traveler... Im gonna hire you to Photoshop all my images. Quick, add some fangs here:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/318073369_8586dbe06a.jpg

Image is too low res to get any decent result.
Post a hi-res image.

Actually this led me to figure out interesting technique on how to repair a circular object with a fairly standard pattern (like a bike wheel) with a defect.

If you are interested, I'll write a tutorial.

3180733698586dbe06acopyca0.jpg

WOW Traveler... Im gonna hire you to Photoshop all my images. Quick, add some fangs here:

Have you seen any of his other PS jobs? lol
(totaly jk)
but seriously that is a great job for only 3-5 mins of work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back