Can this photo be saved? C&C please

taracary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a quick shot from my new camera (REBEL XTI) It's nothing special in terms of composition, but I love the expression on her face. And, of course I had about 0.005 seconds to get it before she moved :) Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on how to eliminate some of the distractions and bring out her expression I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• $IMG_0238 small.jpg
    $IMG_0238 small.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 165
Crop in to just your heads.

I would try it, but the size of the print here isn't warranting it.

You'll notice that your daughter's skin is the lightest tone in the picture, so, I think it would work out VERY well to convert it to black and white. You want the emphasis on HER, so the black and white will lend to that.

I also did a slight blur around everything that wasn't her face and where she's touching Dad. I also put a not-so-black vignette on the whole thing, so you couldn't tell it was cropped, and it looks like you used a vignette filter on the original photo.

I hope this gives you some ideas for your picture :)

BTW, I'm trying to collect picture ideas for projects like this. Here is my blog so far Photo and Picture Ideas

EDIT.jpg

That's awesome. Just what I was looking for. I am definitely an amateur both at taking photos and at fixing them. And a lot of the time, especially with kids you only get that split second to get the shot. It definitely converted well to black and white and I like having her arms still in the picture.

Not sure why the picture showed up as basically a thumbnail in the post I just put it in Photoshop and set the image size to 800 pixels so that it would abide by forum rules. But I see other people's pictures come up full size. Anybody know why?

Thanks again for the help with the pic.

Most reactions

Back