Can we discuss Wedding Client Meetings?

that helped me. i do most of that, as far as talking to them...we usually get off the wedding talk and discuss them. a bride last week said she just graduated college and was excited about it. i asked her what she went to school for and is she trying to get a job in that field...etc. i ask so i can get to know my clients. you are right...some clients you don't want...but i take them anyway, it's money. i am trying to not do that as much since i paid for it. i had a terrible feeling once and i ignored it. turns out their check bounced. i come to find out from the bank they do this a lot. they open accounts, write checks for a month, and close the accounts. this was the 5th bank they pulled this with and i got caught too. another story for another time.

haven't read the entire thread, but here's what i do: clients meet in our downtown office where there is a video playing. it's styled in the fashion of a looping series of 'commercials' complete with interstitials of our video logo. not only sells the photos but the video portion as well. they talk with the booking manager and he can reference something they're asking about on the video as it comes up. i'll read the rest later - i'm back from iraq so my responses should be more civilized.

that sounds awesome...downtown location with nice office and a manager to speak with? commercial-style selling video? very cool. i would sign up! and i'm already married! hehe. i have been doing some reading, including on here, that has helped me a lot. i just got rid of my packages since i got tired of reworking them, trying to figure out what everyone wants. i just made it 2 photographers, 8 hours, 6 months online proofing with DVD, $1800. that way i can play with pricing, come down $100 or throw in a digital wedding album to get the sale. basically, everything but the DVD is an add-on....they can customize their package. i have been going between $1600 and $1800 and i see a lot of photographers in my area doing this for $2000 or more with 2 photographers. i'm also going to try and ask for the money in a way i feel comfortable with. would be great if i had a sales guy.

back from iraq? i hope you stay here! God bless you!

hey

i have 4 packages to chose from and i too have thought about just offering one package.

what do the pros do?

i know it would be easier for me but do you thinl the client likes to have a choice?

i think packages are great but too many times couples analyze them and ask, if you remove this, can we add this, but i also want to know if we can change this? then what would the price be? i have had more clients than not, do this. if packages are easier for people, i haven't seen it. it usually leads to: i love this package but it isn't quite what we want....etc. in the end, it may be easier for me this way and hopefully easier for them. it's cleaner as well. we'll see what happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back