can you guide me how to get sharp macro photo?

pelo911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i have online store and i want to add sharp and good quality images

those pictures for example i like:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=239170&page=4

i have the nikon D3000 , i can return it to the store and take something else.
i use tripod and the lens is 18-55 that come with the nikon kit:

D3000 from Nikon

this is one of my macro pictures:

i use light box with two 5500K bulbs:
EcoSmart 27 Watt (100W) Full Spectrum Craft Light, 1 Pack (E)* - ES5M827FS at The Home Depot
i use SILK mini tripod:
THK Photo Products, Inc.

how can i get sharp and proffesional pictures ?
can i get some shopping list?

thanks

Get your camera lens axis down even with the center of your subject, instead of shooting down at it, so the front of your subject is parallel to the cameras image sensor plane.

If you want the background to be pure white you'll need 2 more lights, just for the background.

You need to learn better shooting technique before you look to buy more camera equipment. The kit lens should be sharp enough if you're using a middle aperture, like f/5.6 or f/8.

Or, are you using "Auto" mode?

Do you use a wireless remote release like the Nikon ML-L3?

In all honesty, they way to get professional images, is to hire a professional photographer to make them for you.

Also, since you're using continuous lighting and not flash lighting your loosing an advantage related to how shutter speed works with strobed light.

Get your camera lens axis down even with the center of your subject, instead of shooting down at it, so the front of your subject is parallel to the cameras image sensor plane.

If you want the background to be pure white you'll need 2 more lights, just for the background.

You need to learn better shooting technique before you look to buy more camera equipment. The kit lens should be sharp enough if you're using a middle aperture, like f/5.6 or f/8.

Or, are you using "Auto" mode?

Do you use a wireless remote release like the Nikon ML-L3?

In all honesty, they way to get professional images, is to hire a professional photographer to make them for you.

Also, since you're using continuous lighting and not flash lighting your loosing an advantage related to how shutter speed works with strobed light.

i use "A" mode and tried ISO 100,200,400
F/5.6 up to F/8.

i don't used remote , i clicked myself.

i can't hire professional photographer for every day , it's too expensive and i want to lear something myself.

what i should buy for better lighting?

i don't want to keep the nikon d3000 because i preferd "live view" option on the LCD.
can you recomend on different camera and better lens?

thanks

whats your member name at xtremesystems? im Barfastic :p

i don't used remote , i clicked myself.

If you're not using some sort of trigger there is a chance you releasing the button causes a small amount of vibration. Its important for product photographs that they be as sharp as possible, so I suggest setting it on the shortest Timer your camera has.. 3seconds or longer should be just fine. That way, once you press and release the camera will wait 3 seconds and take the picture without any chance of vibration.

Also, are you using a lens with image stabilization (IS, VR, VC, etc)?

If so, make sure you turn that off when it is on a tripod, it may actually introduce some vibration.

If you've got the focus correct (which, with >f/5.6 should be easy) and those two things, you should be getting a tack sharp image (unless I'm missing something).

goodluck!

p.s. I've read the software to Tether doesn't come with Nikon cameras, but if you could get a hold of that and tether to a laptop, you can actually trigger the shutter with your computer mouse. I had some figurings I took pictures of for my sister and this was a great way to go about it.. you also get to see them full-size on the computer after about 5seconds :)

the objects is:

from small CPU to laptop/printer/monitor

what kind of lens i need?
the camera will be Canon (not sure what the right model for me).

what about lighting? what i should need to buy?

the objects is:

from small CPU to laptop/printer/monitor

what kind of lens i need?
the camera will be Canon (not sure what the right model for me).

what about lighting? what i should need to buy?

As KmH said, your lens and camera is more than enough to accomplish what you're looking for. Perhaps read the tips I gave, consider them, then try them before blaming the gear?

Most reactions

Back