Can you help me replicate this photography aesthetic

What is it about them that you want to emulate; other than perhaps a slight reduction in saturation, and a tendency toward a lot of whites, I don't see anything distinctive about them.

The blown out whites while still keeping everything else fairly flat is what I think I'm wanting to achieve. If that makes sense.

It looks like he's probably applying the same Insta filter to all of them, and he works hard on keeping his photos limited to the same palette. It looks like the filter he's using bumps up clarity a lot and knocks down contrast, creating the crisp lines and the flatter tonality. Definitely looks like saturation is being dropped back for things that aren't brown. Possibly he's also moving the temp slightly toward blue and the tint even more slightly toward magenta.
But mostly, I think it's really in his choice of palette for his photos. They all have the same colors and all get cleaned up nicely with that one filter.

Just search your app store for: "really bad filter gallery"

I'm sure it's in there.

I'm sure it's in there.

Woah dude calm down. Your profile pretty clearly says "Photos Ok To Edit" and I slapped a filter on a great pic which turned it awful to confirm your comment.

I'm sure it's in there.

Woah dude calm down. Your profile pretty clearly says "Photos Ok To Edit" and I slapped a filter on a great pic which turned it awful to confirm your comment.

photos OK to edit are for pictures someone posts in the forum for critique. its meant for people to show what they would have done differently with a photo other than how it was posted.
you lifted that photo from elsewhere, as it was NOT posted by Braineack in this thread.
no bueno man.
your lucky all I did was delete the post, and not drop a temporary ban on you for infringing on Braineacks copyrights.

Just in case..........
InBeforeTheLock.gif

I'm sure it's in there.

photos OK to edit are for pictures someone posts in the forum for critique. its meant for people to show what they would have done differently with a photo other than how it was posted.
you lifted that photo from elsewhere, as it was NOT posted by Braineack in this thread.
no bueno man.
your lucky all I did was delete the post, and not drop a temporary ban on you for infringing on Braineacks copyrights.

Oh look another forum that takes itself way to serious and where big contributors own the place and make new members feel unwelcome and stupid.

Won't be returning or recommending. ✌️

I'm sure it's in there.

no bueno man.

Oh look another forum that takes itself way to serious and where big contributors own the place and make new members feel unwelcome and stupid.

no, were just a forum that takes ownership and usage of photographs seriously.
maybe your ok with stealing pictures for your own use, but we arent.

I'm sure it's in there.

no bueno man.

Are you actually serious? Look, lock it up. We obviously ain't a good fit. But please be mindful that this "attitude" that fills so many forums is damaging long term to your user base.

No one is curing cancer here after all. ✌️

I'm sure it's in there.

no bueno man.

Are you actually serious? Look, lock it up. We obviously ain't a good fit. But please be mindful that this "attitude" that fills so many forums is damaging long term to your user base.

No one is curing cancer here after all. ✌️

serious about protecting our members photographic rights?
serious as a myocardial infarction my friend.
if thats the "attitude" that fills so many forums, and you dont have any respect for other members work, then I can definitely see
where you wouldnt be a good fit.
if you really cant see/understand the problem with what you did, im afraid theres nothing else I can say that will help, but thats simply how
it is here. so far, respect for our members work has not managed to damage our user base in any meaningful way. ;)

@Jrad54 Look, I get it. You asked a legitimate question and got a snarky answer, so your response was to flippantly slap a "really bad filter" on one of his images. But, that's not cool becuase 1. he didn't ask you to provide a constructive critique or edit of that photo and 2. you made no mention whatsoever in the original post of that photo that it was his. And THAT is super not cool. I thought it was one of yours, and therein lies a serious problem.
Don't get mad at the mod for enforcing the rules of the forum; its not their fault you didn't read or correctly understand them. And as a noob here myself, I've found this forum to be mostly supportive and thoughtful in the feedback I receive, and I try to be the same way. It's a public forum on the internet, there are going to be snarky posts and if you let each one of those get your panties in a twist you will never find a community you're happy with. Just relax a little and accept responsibility for what was a serious breach of intellectual copyright etiquette.

Most reactions

Back