Can you learn to be a good photographer if your neither creative or artistic?

That's what I tried to express in my earlier and only post in this thread so far: you can take solidly good photos when you have the knowledge and the equipment, and they may even sell - but I personally feel about myself that I am nowhere past this stage of knowing how to produce solid photography - I do not feel neither artistic nor creative in any way.

This is not to say you canNOT become a "good photographer" (as is the question in the title to this thread) when you neither feel any artistic nor creative stream running inside you.

LaFoto, I think that this aspect then falls into a grey area. What constitutes artistic and creative for you may not for someone else, and the other way around too.

No one is going to purchase a picture becuase it is technically perfect, but becuase it speaks to them at some other level.

Whereas we critique technical aspects, it is harder to critique the level of art. However creativeness is a little easier. This is based more on uniqueness and individuality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back