Can you stand another light house pic?

ToddM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
With about 600 million shots out there of the same limited number of light houses in this country... can you stand just one more?

This is the Ocracoke light house on the Outer Banks, NC.
OcRk6.jpg

Canon PowerShot A620
Saturation bumped up 30%
Unsharp mask 80%/1 level

Nice shots of a very beautiful area. The ferry ride from there to Cedar Island is very exciting open water trip, specifically during a Nor’easter in the winter.

You're lighthouse is prettier than mine lol

It's a very nice shot! I really like the colors of it! :)

Yes, the whole area is so beautifully scenic. I love taking lots of photos when I go over there. It's a treasure trove for photographers. I'm afraid we've never endeavored to take the trek over to Cedar Island though. We usually stay in the Buxton area of Hatteras Island and so by the time we get down to the end of Ocracoke and then mill around for a while down there at the end, that pretty much makes it a day for us.

Here's another angle of the Ocracoke light house.

OcRk013.jpg

If you like lighthouse pics and if you want to store yours in there "forever", you might want to check out the theme thread on "Lighthouses" in the Photo Themes. Can be found via the INDEX thread. Link should be there.

Ya'll are awesome! Thanks for the information Lafoto. As a matter of fact.. I think I do have one or two more lighthouse pics lying around here somewhere(he he).

Thank you too FunkyFlame. The colors in your avatar look quite beautiful also.. ;-)

I love both of the photos they are lovely :D

I especially love the first one though it's just gorgeous and the colour is really effective.

Thanks Cheyene! I bumped up the saturation quite a bit on the first one. As far as the compostition goes, I'm thinking it may have looked a bit more well rounded if I had included the entire house (with the red roof) in the shot. But then I would have had to pan back more and the light house would be smaller and less impressive.

The second shot color saturation was only slightly increased. And the shot for some reason was a bit out of focus. I had to like sharpen it way much to make it look half decent, which then of course made for jagged looking pixels.

Nice shots of a very beautiful area. The ferry ride from there to Cedar Island is very exciting open water trip, specifically during a Nor’easter in the winter.

Indeed (except I don't know about the Nor'easter part). Ocracoke is like my second home and last year I took my first trip to Cedar Island. It was so amazing. My initial reason was to go to the Cape Lookout lighthouse, and unfortunately, even though there was barely a cloud in the sky that day the water was pretty choppy. We got down to Harker's Island and they weren't running the passanger ferry's over. I was so disappointed. We ended up driving down to Beaufort where they were running but we just missed the last one by less than 30 minutes :(

RE the Ocracoke lighthouse. I have a shot from a few years ago where the entire area around the boardwalk to the lighthouse was flooded and the lighthouse was reflected perfectly in the water between the fence & the walk. It's one of my favorite shots of that lighthouse.

Very nice pics. One of the things I do at work is I fix lighthouses. I have pictures of almost all the lights I have gone to. I will be fixing Portland Head lighthouse next week. Lighthouse pictures rock.

Most reactions

Back