Can you tell this photo is real of Photoshoped?

ok. Guys. There was a blog about the authenticity of this photo, and it's in Chinese. People doubt its authenticity at the beginning as well. But the photographer provided raw file to prove it's real. So case closed.
If anybody is still intrigued, I help to provide the link to the blog in Chinese and you can translate it with google to verify this!

I can't read Chinese at all, but do please put a link in - it would be interesting to find out how this was taken as it defies what most of us expect is possible.

Suffice it to say that 'raw' images can still be faked. Any photo can be saved as a raw file, and the exif data can be edited.

If bumping my tripod even the slightest bit during a 30 second exposure at night screws up my photo, there is no way you could get a sharp photo of the stars going hundreds of miles an hour in a plane

For astronomical observations making sharply focused photos from an airplane was first done back in 1965 using a NASA Convair 990 to study Venus.

Kuiper Airborne Observatory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If bumping my tripod even the slightest bit during a 30 second exposure at night screws up my photo, there is no way you could get a sharp photo of the stars going hundreds of miles an hour in a plane

For astronomical observations making sharply focused photos from an airplane was first done back in 1965 using a NASA Convair 990 to study Venus.

Kuiper Airborne Observatory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I read through both links and couldn't find anything about how they were actually shooting their photos. Were they using some sort of tracking? There is a huge difference between what some random guy can do from the seat of an airplane, and what NASA is capable of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back