Can you tell what's going on?

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by DOR-a, Sep 4, 2006.

1. DOR-a

DOR-a TPF Noob!

Most of the photos that I take are along this theme (as seen below), the problem I have is telling if the every day person can understand what's going on in the picture. None the less, who they are and what they represent. I am surrounded by it and can't get any honest critiquing. So, the question is, what do you think of this picture? What is he doing? Who is he (occupation)? What can I do to make this better?

[​IMG]

Thanks for any input!
    Whitney

2. Tweek Sound

Tweek Sound TPF Noob!

Is he a fire man climbing a ladder? Maybe he's an electrician fixing wires or something?
    I like it and think it says what it should. Maybe not quite as clearly as you think it should but that may not be a bad thing. He's looking up, he has his hand on a rail of some sort which seems like a ladder, He's got a ig hat and goggles and a thinck coat with lots of equipment. I think its about as obviouse as you can get. If I'm right about a fireman, maybe you should put alittle smoke in or a heat blurr? Just an idea.
    I ike it. Nice job. YOu say a lot of your works follow this sort of theme, I'd like to see more ike this. :thumbup:

3. (Ghastly) Krueger

(Ghastly) Krueger TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It's pretty clear to me that he is a fireman, but the goggles on his helmet are a bit confusing... they could be worn by many people and they block part of the helmet that make it obvious as a fireman's.

Also, there is something in the look of his eyes that makes me think he is posing... can't tell exactly what... looks like he is about to look down to the camera and say something.

4. Oldfireguy

Oldfireguy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    First it's very clear he is a firefighter. The goggles are for eye protection since his flipdowns don't offer any.

I'm guessing it's a posed photo since his coat is not buttoned up and he has no hood on nor do I see an SCBA mask or gloves on (at least it does not look like it). I also believe he is at the base of a ladder looking up, could be on it also. Maybe heeling it from the front. It's to bad his goggles cover his helmet shield. I think it would be better if that was exposed.

The blurry hand and the blurry ladder rung draws my attention from the person on the ladder. I like the shot and maybe if you can reshoot it try moving the hand to the side and frame him between the rungs with a bit of the rung showing top and bottom. Would almost be a natural frame. Maybe try it in B&W also.

5. therealworld28

therealworld28 TPF Noob!

He's obviously a fire fighter getting ready to climb a ladder..I like that his eyes are in focus and it seems he is anxious about climbing the ladder yet he likes what he does, or is proud of it.