Canada vs USA

tenlientl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, guys. There's so many sections this belongs to, but I think this is the best one.

Here's the photos I took during/after the USA vs Canada on Feb 28, 2010. There's a lot, but I figured you guys might be interested to see what was going on.

i'm.bty projects | canada vs usa

edit: i'm also arguing with myself. i'm not sure if i should caption some (if not all) the photos. like the first one, they're singing the canadian national anthem. there's also a particular photo where a stranger was telling the people to get off the roof of a platroom.

the reason why i want to caption, is to let the viewers know exactly what's going on. but at the same time, i don't want to so the viewers could 'figure' it out for themselves or at least have a different interpretation. what do you all think?

Last edited:
Nice series capturing the revelry surrounding Canada's gold medal winning game over Team USA in Olympic hockey 2010. LOTS of wildly happy fans, enjoying a great game. I only saw the first goal, the tying goal the US scored, and then the overtime win Canada got. I felt kind of happy for Canada getting the win--to them, hockey is a really important sport,and in their own country they'd really want to win the Olympic hockey gold. It was clear by all the photos you took just how strongly the Canadian fans felt about their country's win. Again, a nice series of shots that gave a really close-up, intimate look at what it was like to be in Vancouver, BC during and after the game. The impromptu hockey game in the street afterwards, with the cardboard box goal--that was precious.

Oh, don't get me started. I still get goosebumps thinking about Vancouver during the Olympics. It was insane. Apparently, according to photographers and journalists, it's the best one they've been to.

Anyways. How do you feel about the photos themselves? I don't really play with black and white much. Any tips? For post-processing or at least deciding which photos to turn into b+w?

Most reactions

Back