Canadian Rockies

Athabasca Falls near Jasper

$DSC_0031.jpg

Tangle Falls on HW93
Icefield HW connecting Banff and Jasper, one of the best view hws undoubtedly.

$12.jpg

Last edited:
One of photographers' favorites Bow Lake

It's already winter, so next time I should try to get a picture of snow covered mountain as background.

$DSC_4798.jpg

Overexposed on the sky. I always feel hands tied at the situation like this. No matter using spot, centreal weight or matrix metering, no matter A or M model, even changing EV white banlance won't help anything.

The trick with landscape photography, is to be patient and persistent. If the lighting isn't good, you won't get a great photo....so to get a great photo, you have to wait or come back when the light is better.

Totally agree. But you have to admit sometimes you have to take a few shots and head to another place.

I was with a touring group when taking some of the posted pictures, so time was limited at each attraction.

That is one thing that I've learned about landscape photography, especially in places like Banff & Jasper. It's very hard to get outstanding photos when you are not solely there for photography. I've driven though the mountains from Alberta to BC, dozens of time. I've been camping in and around those areas dozens of times...and while I can usually get a good photo here or there, there is a lot of luck involved.

The time I got my best photos is when I spent a whole week in the area, only there for the purpose of taking photos. I went back to Lake Louise 3 or 4 times, and up to Moraine 2 or three times. And each time, we only went at the optimum time of day, which for those two locations, is earlier in the day.

There are some very, very nice photos in here! Definitely a couple points to improve upon, but the scenery is undeniably spectacular.

Tango Falls on HW93
Maybe a typo, but it's Tangle Falls. And yes, hwy 93 (The Icefields Parkway) is certainly the best, most scenic drives I've been on...and it's most lists for top 10 in the world.

Thanks for sharing all the photos b.t.w. I've been to and shot most of these locations and it's like a walk down memory lane for me.

Tango Falls on HW93
Maybe a typo, but it's Tangle Falls. And yes, hwy 93 (The Icefields Parkway) is certainly the best, most scenic drives I've been on...and it's most lists for top 10 in the world.

Thanks for sharing all the photos b.t.w. I've been to and shot most of these locations and it's like a walk down memory lane for me.

Thanks for pointing that out. It's indeed tangle falls, a very small one, if not pay attention, you will easily miss it on HW 93.

I also thank you for the trip down memory lane. I travel between Vancouver Island and Red Deer/ Edson areas every year and try to use the Icefields/ David Thompson hiways as much as possible.

Thank you for taking us down Memory lane. The mountains from Kananaskis to Jasper are my hiking grounds. We have hiked many of the mountains and passes. It felt like I was home again in my back yard...Thank you from another Albertan.

Most reactions

Back