canal boat festival (6 pics)

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are a few from the preston brook canal boat festival in cheshire,there was hundreds of them, and they came from all over the country, i parked my car thinking it was close by but it took a 4 mile walk along the canal to get there

prestonbrookboatfestival011.jpg

prestonbrookboatfestival063.jpg

and they decorate them with all kinds of things.
prestonbrookboatfestival075.jpg

prestonbrookboatfestival040.jpg

prestonbrookboatfestival074.jpg

including this freindly old dog
prestonbrookboatfestival077.jpg

thanks for looking.

The watering can shot is brilliant Dalebe - just think of the amount of work thats gone into them. Also, what sort of lens are you using for the first two, looks pretty wide, or is that just the curve of the canal?

Good set!

thanks a lot tempra! i used my 18-55mm lense on the first two, but i was right on the curve of the canal, which i suppose would make it look a lot wider, there are a lot of curves and bends on that canal.

Yes, I must repeat after all the others: the colours are the most striking of these photos, immediately followed by the wonderful sense of detail in the middle two.

That would be a kind of holidays I would like to spend one day... shipping the canals on a boat like these here... need not necessarily be as thoughtfully and thoroughly done up as these, but should be - good! Ah... two dreams now in my head: Murray River in South Australia and the canals in England... and it is 9 in the morning and that should not be the TIME for daydreaming!

Most reactions

Back