TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dunin.org
katejess.jpg

just a candid photo I took of my friends. :lol:

Adam

I'll jump in.

I love the expressions you've captured and the overall feel of the photo.

Here are a couple of things that bother me. The light above the one subject is really distracting...I would suggest trying to crop it out and see how it turns out. Also, the difference in light between their faces is a little distracting to me if I were looking at it purely technically...artistically it is actually kind of interesting.

Just my 2 cents worth! :)

I really like this photo. However, the lamp above the girls head is bothersome to me, it really competes with her for my attention. I love the color and tone of the photo, though I wonder if it might be improved if the girl in the rear was sharper. Something about the posing here makes the blone appear to be the center of attention yet she isn't sharp.

Overall though, I really like this shot esp the colors and hue.

AlisonS said:
Something about the posing here makes the blone appear to be the center of attention yet she isn't sharp.
I think that's the lamp that's doing that. :)

The lamp should stay. This way the subjects seem equally important.

I agree with Maven. The lamp seems in such closeness to the person's head. The lighting is super great in my opinion their faces, and gives me the sense of a cloudy possibly rainy day. The lamp above the head is there full blast and seems to offset this mood. I love the sly smile as well on the blonde girl's face. A hint of mischief perhaps? My vote goes to crop it close and delete the lamp. Is it me or does the lamp bounce forward as well. I know from my graphic design training that warmer colors draw you in (red, oranges, yellows) while colder push you back (black, blues) and this seems like a poster child for that reasoning.

I think the light is distracting. I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of some PS on your photo (mostly for my own practice). the esposure seems very good (even). I also cropped, erased the overhead light and adjusted color. feel free to take a look.

http://www.ezprints.com/Album/images/9/12597971_img.jpg

*Please note, this is not my photo and will be removed at the request of the owner: fotoadam.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back