Candid shot of Tori - C&C Please

trevburley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Caught this moment whilst out on a walk with my family in the woods. Had seconds to get the shot so it's very overexposed in certain areas but I feel it adds to it. C&C is welcome!

Canon 750D + 18-55 Kit Lens @ 47mm
ƒ/5.6, 1/320, ISO 400

The only overexposed portion that bothers me is the eye.

The pure white eye and the green skin would have me tossing this shot.

Dappled lighting effects can be very difficult to process perfectly. I think this could perhaps be made better with some very minor color and light-level corrections. But overall, a nice moment of a lovely lady. The green color cast is to be expected, photographically, since the leaves should filter the light to a greenish hue, but perceptually, ,may people would want to color-correct away that greenish hue. I'm 50/50 on that: at times a stronger color cast from an in-scene object acts a dose of realism that I,personally, enjoy seeing.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I left the green in on purpose as I felt it added some context to the image, perhaps it's more of a taste thing :)

Trev

Thanks for the feedback guys - I left the green in on purpose as I felt it added some context to the image, perhaps it's more of a taste thing :)

Trev

Nail hit on the head. Do you love the photo? then love it. :)

For me - up-nose photos are generally unflattering to me. And the lower-left it's probably her army holding some branches away - but the area distracts me a bit. And the blown-out (possibly?) leaf to her left - again it's a distraction for me.

What I love is this:

It's a candid. It's you capturing a neat moment under neat -if-unusual lighting. I like the OOF leaves on the right side - that puts her into the leaves - not just beside them.

I'm glad you're on the forum Trev.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back