Candid street portrait - critiques?

I haven't done any stock through an agency myself (probably explains my low sales - LOL), but I know that they love stuff like this. Great people shots score big. Others here can probably give you a lot better info on which stock agencies to use and which to avoid.

You really need to get that release though. I think most (all?) stock agencies require it.

im having too much fun with lightroom + photomatix
great picture though, very nice exposure, clarity and sharpness, the expression is awesome also, i just wanted to try this in HDR because i had seen HDR photos recently on here on firefighters and thought it would be cool to try, i think yours is better though, the colors are much more vibrant
4083745474_b45fdbf61e_b.jpg

vs
4087360576_1d36fc527f_b.jpg

instinct, i'm not sure portrait type photos are the best to do HDR on... typically the point of HDR is to capture a wider dynamic range than the camera can grab in one exposure... so if the whole thing is already "contained"... then you don't gain so much...

That is a great shot of the fireman. I like it a lot. :)

I love the shot! I wouldn't change it one bit. The hose is a bit distracting, I guess because of the way he was holding it. Good thing it isn't any lower than it is lol! :lol:

Inst!nct's edited version - too vibrant for my eyes. I like the original one better. The original one is slightly unsaturated, which gives it an urgent undertone, like photos on Time magazine like someone earlier mentioned.

instinct, i'm not sure portrait type photos are the best to do HDR on... typically the point of HDR is to capture a wider dynamic range than the camera can grab in one exposure... so if the whole thing is already "contained"... then you don't gain so much...

yea, i believe i commented on that, again i had seen a HDR picture before that looked awesome but i guess it doesnt work on this :), great pic though, did you submit it anywhere?

haven't done anything w/ it yet... sent it to get an 8x12 print and i guess i'll go try and find the dude and give them the print for a model release... after that... who knows... i have no idea how this stock thing works lol

heh... got my model release signed today... was kinda fun walking all over town looking for the right fire station... nice dude...

now... what the heck am i supposed to do with it? :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back