candids and life - 56k hater!

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by Lol999, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

Hi all, just got my first film back from my "new" Nikon F3HP :hail: . Still using XP2 Super and I like the results. Out of a roll of 36 I got 25 that are acceptable to me from an exposure and sharpness point of view. bearing in mind that all the candids were shot from the hip I don't think that's too bad:mrgreen: . Anyhoo, all comments welcome. Please bear in mind my crappy scanner does not do these prints justice with regards to their contrast or sharpness.

1)[​IMG]

Couple of ladies shooting the breeze.

2) [​IMG]
    A bit of good old prejudice.

3) [​IMG]

This young lad was seriously unhappy about being on the stall. He was also watching me from the corner of his eye to make sure I wasn't lifting anything!

4) [​IMG]
    New business. he posed for the shot but I think his venture is doomed.

5) [​IMG]

This guy was rolling a smoke. On closer inspection he had an interesting face, but when I turned round he was gone!

6) [​IMG]
    Pet shop guy. Struggling against the big stores he spends a lot of hours at this window.

7)[​IMG]
    Down the flea market.

8) [​IMG]

Old couple in an animated conversation.

9) [​IMG]
    I found this whilst shooting a landscape with my new 20mm lens. ordinarily i would have a macro zoom with me but left it out for my lightmeter so I had to make the best go of it with a 28mm. i went back later and the scene was all ruined and the snail gone!

10)

[​IMG]
    Perhaps can't read ;-)

11) [​IMG]
    The fish man, taken with his permission. I plan to go back in the winter and get his lit caravan isolated against the dark. Apparently his name is Mr Turtle!

12)
    [​IMG]
    Old and new. The grain in the door in the original is beautiful. taken up close with my 20mm lens as it borders a busy road.

13) [​IMG]
    One of the best from my " on the run" series (see thread "To ask or not" for the details). I set exposure +1 stop to try and allow for the back lights. ideally flash but then it wouldn't be discrete!

14) [​IMG]

Archway to a communal yard behind terraced houses in a very working class area. The door shows signs of punching, perhaps an indicator of the tensions that arise from living in cramped conditions, possibly on low income.

All taken with a Nikkor 28mm unless stated. For the "hip" shots I set focus to about 7' and aperture to F8. This gave a focus range from about 15 to 4 feet on my lens. I let the camera set shutter through auto setting.

Thanks for looking, Lol

All comments welcome!

2. 2framesbelowzero

2framesbelowzero TPF Noob!

You can as well shoot XP2 at higher film-speeds with nice results.

3. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

Yeah, the thing is I have it processed at my local tesco supermarket and they make a really good job. I have yet to ask if they can manually set film speeds if I tape the DX off on the cassette. One step at a time!

Cheers, Lol

4. 2framesbelowzero

2framesbelowzero TPF Noob!

the 2 speeds tesco use are 1 hour and next day.

5. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

Thanks for that;)