candids and life - 56k hater!

Lol999

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.17minutes.co.uk
Hi all, just got my first film back from my "new" Nikon F3HP :hail: . Still using XP2 Super and I like the results. Out of a roll of 36 I got 25 that are acceptable to me from an exposure and sharpness point of view. bearing in mind that all the candids were shot from the hip I don't think that's too bad:mrgreen: . Anyhoo, all comments welcome. Please bear in mind my crappy scanner does not do these prints justice with regards to their contrast or sharpness.

1)
women.jpg

Couple of ladies shooting the breeze.

2)
wall.jpg

A bit of good old prejudice.

3)
stall.jpg

This young lad was seriously unhappy about being on the stall. He was also watching me from the corner of his eye to make sure I wasn't lifting anything!

4)
shop.jpg

New business. he posed for the shot but I think his venture is doomed.

5)
rollup.jpg

This guy was rolling a smoke. On closer inspection he had an interesting face, but when I turned round he was gone!

6)
pet.jpg

Pet shop guy. Struggling against the big stores he spends a lot of hours at this window.

7)
oldwoman.jpg

Down the flea market.

8)
oldcouple.jpg

Old couple in an animated conversation.

9)
glove.jpg

I found this whilst shooting a landscape with my new 20mm lens. ordinarily i would have a macro zoom with me but left it out for my lightmeter so I had to make the best go of it with a 28mm. i went back later and the scene was all ruined and the snail gone!

10)

fridge.jpg

Perhaps can't read ;-)

11)
fish.jpg

The fish man, taken with his permission. I plan to go back in the winter and get his lit caravan isolated against the dark. Apparently his name is Mr Turtle!

12)
doors.jpg

Old and new. The grain in the door in the original is beautiful. taken up close with my 20mm lens as it borders a busy road.

13)
cafe.jpg

One of the best from my " on the run" series (see thread "To ask or not" for the details). I set exposure +1 stop to try and allow for the back lights. ideally flash but then it wouldn't be discrete!

14)
arch.jpg

Archway to a communal yard behind terraced houses in a very working class area. The door shows signs of punching, perhaps an indicator of the tensions that arise from living in cramped conditions, possibly on low income.

All taken with a Nikkor 28mm unless stated. For the "hip" shots I set focus to about 7' and aperture to F8. This gave a focus range from about 15 to 4 feet on my lens. I let the camera set shutter through auto setting.

Thanks for looking, Lol

All comments welcome!

Most reactions

Back