candlelight

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
candle4cs7.jpg

The candle looks really cool, but I dont think the plastic bag is doing much for the image. Did you have something specific in mind when you put it there? Really, really like the way the candle looks though.

hey ashley, there's a head in that bag... look again. the nose and left eye are most visible....

im glad you like the candle! :D
I was working on using a candle as my only light source.

Ah, ok. Very creepy and neat idea, but I think the head is a little too hard to make out. Maybe a more see through bag or sealed a little tighter so that more of the shape is visible. I would never have thought of that being a nose without you pointing it out. Interested to see another try though.

Ah, ok. Very creepy and neat idea, but I think the head is a little too hard to make out. Maybe a more see through bag or sealed a little tighter so that more of the shape is visible. I would never have thought of that being a nose without you pointing it out. Interested to see another try though.

thanks! i'll definitely reshoot when i get a chance!
i was using what i had handy in the house, and like i said, i was just experimenting with using a candle for light. long story short, i got a bag. lol. it was black hefty or white hefty so i went white. ill see if i can find something clear. i also didnt have tape on hand, so i ripped tape off one of the boxes i used to move and wrapped that around my neck.... a poor man's setup, if you will! :D

i see the head now, but would not have found it without help

yea, not a single person i showed it to saw the head until i pointed it out. but for some reason, im enjoying the subtlety of it. thanks for the response!

i also didnt have tape on hand, so i ripped tape off one of the boxes i used to move and wrapped that around my neck.... a poor man's setup, if you will! :D

Wait, that's your head in there??? That takes everything to a whole new level! You weirdo! :lol: jk of course.

Again...I was checking out some old posts I'd missed.....I just have to comment on this one!!! LOL!!

OK....having been an RPN (Registered Practical Nurse), the first thing I thought when I saw this was that there had to be a body in that plastic bag!! :O) However I too had a tough time 'seeing' it.

Can I offer a suggestion on how to pull this one off...???? I would love to see this idea done this way: Get your hands on some very thick clear plastic....the kind you might use to cover insulation in home constuction. Place the candle beside a very stark looking bed with no sheets on it. (And have the candle in focus...and the plastic, well....not so much.) Slip yourself...or someone else under that sheet...in the flesh, if you get my drift!!! LOL!!! ...I'm thinking that if you use really 'heavy' plastic, you won't see "details"...but maybe just enough that people won't ask what the plastic is doing in that really neat candle shot!!! LOL!!!

...Oh dear....I've said too much....sorry, I hope I didn't offend (offer a suggestion where there was not one "asked for"!!!) ...Forgive me....??? Oh...and I'm really frightening myself.....this is one creepy suggestion!!!!! LMAO!!!!! ;O)

Very cool idea. I did see the head but it took me a moment to realize the purpose of a lid candle and a plastic bag. I like it :thumbup:

Again...I was checking out some old posts I'd missed.....I just have to comment on this one!!! LOL!!

OK....having been an RPN (Registered Practical Nurse), the first thing I thought when I saw this was that there had to be a body in that plastic bag!! :O) However I too had a tough time 'seeing' it.

Can I offer a suggestion on how to pull this one off...???? I would love to see this idea done this way: Get your hands on some very thick clear plastic....the kind you might use to cover insulation in home constuction. Place the candle beside a very stark looking bed with no sheets on it. (And have the candle in focus...and the plastic, well....not so much.) Slip yourself...or someone else under that sheet...in the flesh, if you get my drift!!! LOL!!! ...I'm thinking that if you use really 'heavy' plastic, you won't see "details"...but maybe just enough that people won't ask what the plastic is doing in that really neat candle shot!!! LOL!!!

...Oh dear....I've said too much....sorry, I hope I didn't offend (offer a suggestion where there was not one "asked for"!!!) ...Forgive me....??? Oh...and I'm really frightening myself.....this is one creepy suggestion!!!!! LMAO!!!!! ;O)
thanks for the detailed feedback (and the very random bump)
this would be a much easier shot if i had a remote since im the shooter and the model.
it would also be easier if i had thick clear plastic.
the scene youve created is great. im happy to hear all your creepy suggestions!!

Very cool idea. I did see the head but it took me a moment to realize the purpose of a lid candle and a plastic bag. I like it :thumbup:
thanks!

Hey Spiffster....did you ever do a reshoot on this one?
Im with on the model/shooter gig. Tough to work a cam all covered in blood. I learned to keep two fingers clean.:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Spiffster....did you ever do a reshoot on this one?
Im with on the model/shooter gig. Tough to work a cam all covered in blood. I learned to keep two fingers clean.:lol::lol::lol:
i didnt ever get to reshoot it....... and then there's the whole my camera is in another state problem....

id like to have a model to work with, but i dont. :lmao::lmao:
i suppose i could add an element of blood inside the clear bag, idk. when i get around to it, ill see what i can come up with.

Most reactions

Back