Canine Portrait MK2

Abstract

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Cassie.jpg

Using some of the help I was kindly offered from my last doggy portrait I had another try today this time with my other doggy Cassie. I personally feel this shot is a big improvement on my first canine portrait however the background probably lets it down still being a brick wall and all. What do you think? Do you like? improvements I can make? Better than first attempt? :hug:: Thanks for looking!!!

I think the lighting is much better. I agree about the background though, the bricks don't do much for the photo in my opinion. With animals, I like to capture them in their natural environment, playing ball, sleeping, running in the back yard, etc. If you're looking for a more formal portrait I would try a different background, perhaps trees or leaves in the background and maybe try some that include the dogs full body. Good luck and happy shooting!

Pretty dog, I love how you captured his/her expression. I agree about the background though...it takes away from the pic for me because of the pattern but also that the bricks are similar in hue to the doggy!

Instead of looking down on the dog, get down to your subject's eye level (or bring the subject up to yours).

Most reactions

Back